CHAPTER SIX: LOCKHART IS THAT BAD

Start from the beginning

He went through the pages, they were all empty. There was a name to whom it belonged, Tom Marvolo Riddle.

The original owner must have never got around to using it, Apollo thought. He picked up the book and stuffed it in his bag.

Hermione did say I needed a diary, Apollo thought as he walked back to his friends.

Apollo returned to a startling sight. Malfoy, Crabbe, and Goyle seemed to be taunting his friends. There was also a small boy with a muggle camera.

Apollo ran and stood next to Ron, scowling.

"What's going on here?" he asked.

"Well Trelawney, Potter's giving out signed photos." said Malfoy.

"You certainly haven't had a change of heart during the summer, huh Malfoy." snapped Apollo.

"I'm just questioning Potter's offer." said Malfoy. "Weasley would like a signed photo. It would be worth more than his entire house!"

Ron took out his broken wand.

"I'll handle this." said Apollo, ready to fight.

"Look out!" said Hermione, shutting her book.

Apollo sighed as he saw Gilderoy Lockhart approach them.

"What's all this, what's all this?" said Lockhart. "Who's giving out signed photos?"

Harry opened his mouth to speak, but before he could Lockhart put an arm around his shoulders.

"Shouldn't have asked! We meet again Harry!"

Malfoy walked away, a smirk on his face. Apollo wanted to punch it off his face.

"Come on then, Mr. Creevey," said Lockhart beaming at the small boy. "A double portrait, can't do better than that, and we'll both sign it for you."

Apollo didn't know why someone like Justin would be impressed by this vain man.

Creevey took a picture of them as the bell rang. Lockhart pulled Harry aside, Apollo walked with Ron and Hermione to class.

The class sat down as they waited for their professor. Harry soon came in and sat with them. His face was very red.

Apollo pitied him for being a target for Lockhart's attention, just because he was famous. At least Harry's fame wasn't built on lies, Apollo thought to himself.

"You better hope Creevey doesn't meet Ginny." Ron told Harry. "Or they'll be starting a Harry Potter fan club."

"Shut up." Harry snapped.

Apollo was usually the angry one. He pat Harry's back comfortingly. Harry sighed.

Lockhart walked in finally and cleared his throat to get his student's attention. He picked up Neville's copy of Travels with Trolls and held it so all could see the cover.

"Me." he said pointing at his portrait on the cover.

Apollo immediately zoned out as he knew he was in for a boring lesson. He had read Lockhart's book and it reminded him of the muggle books about heroes, those fictional books.

Harry nudged him as the quizzes were being passed out. Apollo raised an eyebrow.

"A quiz? On the first day?" he groaned.

Hermione shushed him, causing Apollo to roll his eyes.

"You have thirty minutes—start—now!" said Lockhart.