Chapter 23 - Heaven's Bitter Path

Start from the beginning

Lucy looked back at the Akane resort. "Those people that were trapped in the cards, will they be alright?"

"Yeah, I'm sure they will be, Lu. We contacted the council about them." Roxas said.

"That's a relief."

"This place we're heading to, we can be pretty sure that Erza and Happy are being held there?" Ariel asked.

"We can be sure of that." Lucy answered.

"Good cause I'm getting revenge on that Blockhead for shooting at me like that." Ariel angrily said.

Gray stood up suddenly. "Damn it! I can't believe they took Erza and Happy!"

Juvia nodded her head sadly. "It's hard to believe a mage as strong as Erza was defeated."

The ice mage glared at her. "Erza sure as hell didn't lose. You don't know anything about her!"

Juiva whelped at his cold stare.

Roxas decided to help the girl out. "Hey, calm down Gray. Getting angry isn't going to help anyone."

The ice mage sucked his teeth but sat back down.

"But it does bother me that they only wanted Erza." Roxas said before he looked at Lucy. "Hey Lu, you were with her right? What exactly happened?"

Lucy was thinking about something. "They said they were old friends Erza's. Though when it comes to Erza, no one really knows nothing about her."

"So run it by me again? What kind of wizards are we dealing with?" Roxas asked.

"I'm not sure if I got their names right but one of them, who's name is Sho. I'm assuming he's a card magic user." Lucy described. "Then we have Millianna, she uses ropes to prevent people from using their magic."

 "Either way we should be careful, if these guys could take Erza without a giving us a proper fight, then they have to be formidable." Ariel said.

"Yeah." Gray nodded.

Suddenly, Natsu stood up. "Hold on. I feel that something is not right." he said.

"I've been getting that feeling to, and it increases the closer we get to the tower." Roxas said.

"Same here." Ariel agreed.

"Hey, over there!" Gray yelled, they saw birds that were dying as they had begun to fall into the water.

Lucy had put her hand over her mouth. "How awful..."

"It's just as bad in the water. Look." Juvia was pointing to the dead fish that had risen to the surface and also there were pieces of ships from the magical council on the surface.

"But those are council ships. How could this happen?" Lucy asked.

"Something tells me, we're not going to like the answer." Ariel said.

"Guy, look! There's a tower!" Ariel said.

Looking at where she was pointing, they all saw a giant tower.

"What's a tower doing in the middle of the ocean?"

"That must be the Tower of Heaven..." Lucy said.

"I could always create a huge water dome that will protect and hide us." Ariel said.

"But won't it still be seen from the shore?" Gray asked.

"If that is the case, then let Juvia help you." The water mage said. A blue magical circle had appeared after Juvia outstretched her right hand upwards; individual whips of water were getting sucked into the magical seal.