Chapter 1

She closed the book, placed it on the table, and finally, decided to walk through the door. A large gulp escaping her mouth She wasn’t prepared to do this. How could she kill her best friend? In the end that’s what would happen, they would die. There was no possible way they can survive the excruciating pain. He wanted to go through it though. He wanted her to be back to being a full angel not just a bird. As he put it.
        She used to be an angel but from something they had done she was now human. The demon had told them the only possible way she could be an angel again was to get her grace from Lucas. When he died two years ago she gave him part of her grace. They were now in the process of trying to get it back. But Kate knew that this could kill him. The grace was still healing all the damage that was done when he had died.
         “Lu, are you sure you want to do this? I can stay human. I don’t mind it. Besides the grace is all that's keeping you alive. If I do this you will die. And what if it doesn’t work?” she asked looking at the blond haired male laying on the alter table beside her.
        “That’s a chance we’ll have to take. You’re not the same without your grace. We can all see it. You’re always depressed and you barely do anything. I have to drag you out of the house. I can take this pain.” He said looking her in the eyes his steel eyes filled with fear which made her worry even more. “Take all you can get. Don’t worry about the rest if I die, it was for a good cause right?”
        She sat beside him on the chair tears spilling from her cheeks as she looked at the man whom she would possibly never be able to be around again. This man was like a brother to her and she wasn’t ready to lose him. She wrapped her arms around him in a tight embrace.
       He gave a strong smile hugging her back, “it’ll be ok slugger. You’ll find a way to get me back.”
      Another male walked into the room and Lucas looked at him with a solemn smile on his face, “take care of my little slugger, will ya? I’ll be back soon.”
     She looked back him her cheeks puffy, “Lu, please don’t do it.”
      “I have to don’t I? I was told to protect you, he never told me how and if this is what i have do to save you then this is what I’m going to do.” he said in stern tone his face starting to form a scowl.
       “Th-there has to be another way. We need to find another way to get my grace back.” She said hoping he would agree with her. “After all a demon told us this. Demons lie. He could have lied.”
      “Kate this is the only thing that makes sense. You gave me your power to bring me back didn’t you? Then I obviously have some left. We just need to do this. This isn’t a democracy anyway I am making these decision. Now you do it or I will!” he said with so much frustration.
       “Lucas you’re telling me to kill you! I am your guardian. I won’t do it! I’ll just give it back! How could you ask me to do this!?” she frowned looking at him.
     His eyes filled with tears, "I'm sorry but I'm trying to protect you. I'm giving you back your mojo just do it."
    She closed her eyes sinking the syringe into the males neck. A light filled the vile with occasional spouts of blood. Once it was half full she removed it injecting it into her arm. Lucas's lifeless form sprawled on the table. She laid beside him tears streaming down her face listening to the faint beat she heard from his chest.
      "You know Lucas without you this isn't worth it." She frowned snuggling into him.
      The other male walked over rubbing her back. Kate began to wail from pain. She rolled over to an open spot on the table clawing at her own skin. She kicked and screamed clawing at her face her body convulsing.
      She growled in pain two large purple wings tore through her skin. The pain was excruciating. There weren't words to explain the pain she was feeling. Her body froze for a second but in her head it felt like hell. She just wasn't showing it outwardly.
     Lucas sat up and jumped. Kate seized Her limbs flailing a blue light flying from her eyes. Her body falling limp.
     "Kate! Kate!" He said shaking her shoulders her body feeling almost as if all the bones had disappeared. "Kate, I love you damn it! I'm back! I'm alive! Come on you can fight this!"