Betrayal Can Only Happen If You Love

Start from the beginning

Carter's face turns a red burning color and the next thing I know, I'm on the ground with Carter standing over me with a murderous look. "You're not going to see her Jake! She's not yours!"

He really shouldn't have said that -because she will be.

I kick Carter's legs out from under him but he's quick to move out of the way before I can send the first punch to his face.

We both jump up at the same time but it's me who tackles him and we go flying over my desk and into the wall. He pushes me off and strikes me in the jaw with a bloody right hook. I fall back into the tv and game console, breaking my new Xbox controllers.

I'm back up and on my feet, ready to continue the fight. I don't know how but I find myself rolling around on the ground with him while throwing punches out randomly in hopes to hit something. A hear glass break and things fall but we don't stop. We continue to beat on each other.

I've never been in a fight before with Carter. Not like this. We've had arguments and misunderstandings but nothing like this.

Is this what a girl does to a friendship?

Is a girl really going to get in between two best friends? Friends that have been through everything together?

Suddenly the door flies open and I catch a glimpse of Jackson rush in.

I'm suddenly ripped from Carter and thrown back so I land on my bed. Jackson holds of carter. "What the hell is going on?"

I don't say anything but continue to glare at Carter.

"Answer me! What the fuck is going on?" Jackson shouts.

"Someone told me that they caught Jake kissing Jessica! And Jake admitted it saying he kissed her twice!" Carter rages.

Jackson runs a hand down his face. "See, Jake. That's why I had to stop you the other night from doing something stupid!"

"Wait, what?" Carter exclaims. "The other night? What was he going to do?"

Jackson sighs. "He was going to try something with Jessica and -"

"You fucking asshole! What kind of friend are you?"

"I'm the kind of friend who can't sit back and watch my best friend fall more in love with the one girl I actually like. The one girl I'd do anything for, and if it means losing a best friend -a brother- I'd do it." I snap.

Carter looks enraged and demented as he stands on the other side of my room. "You're not the only one going through shit, Jake, so don't act like it. I need Jessica too. I need her by my side and if it means losing you, I'd do it too."

"Guys, stop talking bullshit -"

"Then fine!" I say cutting Jackson off. "Maybe you should just leave!"

"Shut up! You guys are making a huge mistake -"

"Maybe I should!" Carter hisses while talking overtop Jackson. "And maybe you should think before kissing a bro's girlfriend!"

"Shut the fuck up! Both of you!" Jackson shouts. "This is -"

"I was thinking for your information!" I then smirk. "And by the way, if I remember clearly, Jessica even told me I was a good kisser. I wonder what else she'll think I'm good at?"

Carter steps forward causing Jackson to hold him back. "If you even think about trying any of your bullshit on her I'll beat you to the point where I'd have to be sent to jail!"

Jackson frowns. "Don't do that. Jail's not really any fun. There's like, no girls there."

"I can't promise anything, Carter. With her, anything could happen." I state.