Missed Calls

~Unedited~

~Flirting With The Good Girl~

Chapter12: Missed Calls

*Jake Parkers*

Ask yourself, are you ready to die?

No.

That's what's going to happen when you kiss her. Carter will show no mercy.

My conscious is right ... but I don't care.

I'll kiss her quickly and then get the hell out of there. If Carter can't get to me first, then Jessica will and to be honest, I'm not so sure which one I'd rather take a punch from.

Jessica sits there, completely oblivious to the thoughts running through my head. If she knew what I was thinking, what would she do?

Oka, I'm going to do it. I turn to face Jessica better while catching a glimpse of Jackson with a smirk on his face.

Carter is currently tossing a football with Garret, thankfully unaware of what's about to happen.

I look back to Jessica and suck in a breath.

Just kiss her, Jake. Do it!

I wet my lips and scratch the back of my head. "Jessica." I say hesitantly.

Her blue eyes meet my mine and she raises an eyebrow. "Yeah?"

I cup her face in my hands quickly and press my lips against her. Gosh, damn it. Jackson was right. This is more than just a crush.

I only have a few more seconds before she realizes what's going on and tries to kill me so I cherish these three seconds. Her soft lips taste like the sweetest candy I've ever had and a knot ties in my stomach at the feelings surging through me.

I suddenly pull away and jump to my feet. Jackson is laughing as I run past him and out of there. I hear Jessica shout my name angrily but I don't dare look back, afraid her or Carter is chasing me.

But it was totally worth it because I just kissed Jessica Knight

+++

"How do you destroy the devil?" Ethan asks as we all sit in the game room while playing COD.

"You beat him at his own game." Garret replies simply.

"And how do you do that?" Carter asks.

"You put him through hell." Jackson replies. "I already know exactly how we're going to take Jase down."

I pause the game we're playing and turn to him. "Really, how?"

He smirks. "He's fucked with our lives for too long and I've come up with a master plan." We're all listening intently as Jackson indulges us in his plan. "There's going to be seven phases and the last one -the seventh- is the one where we drop the bomb and tell mom the truth about Jase."

"Alright, then let's get to work."

Phase 1:

Set Jase's alarm clock an hour ahead so he's late. Snatch his phone off of his nightstand and toss it in the hamper so he won't have it when he leaves. Before Jase leaves for work, spray paint freak on the hood of his car. While you're at it, spray paint monkeyballs on it as well. He'll have to drive to work like that. Jase usually doesn't get home until around seven or eight so before he leaves work, pop his tires so he's stranded there.

+++

We set his clock ahead after he had fallen asleep. Ethan had grabbed Jase's phone and threw it in the hamper to be washed. Jackson woke up early this morning to switch out the sugar for salt so Jase put salt in his coffee. Carter and I had spray painted his car with random insults and Garret had even taken the liberty to paint his tires pink.