Chapter 2

----------------------------------

This week was extremely tiring. My bedtime becoming 9pm, because of the exhausting days at the factory. It felt like my body had to get used to this. But today was Friday and I had my first work progress talk with Amber, I just hope I don't get the sack. She sounded so serious over the phone. I nervously pulled my dress down a bit more and knocked on her office door. "Come in." I heard her shout so I softly opened the door. To be greeted by none other than Daniel Ricciardo. "Hi," I softly said, trying to smile slightly. He smirked, " good luck in there, Rose." My eyes widened slightly at the fact that he said my name. He winked and walked away, I felt confused and flustered.

"I just wanted to talk about how your first week is going, and don't mind Daniel his weird behavior. He had a rough week because his PR officer is a real bitch," Amber told me and I nodded, feeling scared as she used the word bitch in her sentence. "He seems to like you though, he normally doesn't know many names of the communication department," I blushed and did not know what to respond. "Anyway, we had a great week this week. You did really well. You got us in the BBC news. If you keep up this pace I might make you head of the PR officers of Red Bull Racing," Amber told me and I gasped.
The first question popped in to my mind. Why didn't they offer opportunities like this to Alessandra? I tried to shrug it of but I still didn't feel right. "And Rose, that would mean you get to travel to every grandprix," Amber added. Which motivated me even more. I was grinning. I don't mind the long days. I want this to happen. I'll do everything I can to get the promotion. I quickly said thank you and walked back towards the office.
George was the first to notice my wide smile that was plastered on my face. "I take this expression as to your conversation with Amber went well." "Yes it did! She said if I keep working like this she'll promote me to head of PR officers of Red Bull Racing," I excitedly said. Alessandra looked up frowning. And I felt my cheeks get red. "I-i am sorry," I stuttered, feeling bad. "Don't be, I am happy for you," she smiled lightly with her mouth but in her eyes she looked hurt.

George was as excited as me. "That means we get to travel together," he told me and I chuckled. "If I get the position," I said to him and he nodded. "She said it to you so you'll get it. Worked the same with me. But I worked here a couple years before that happened." He quirked one eyebrow up. "I think someone must have praised you because other wise you can't climb up this fast." I shrugged, "I have no clue who that could be."
"Someone with a lot of influence in Red Bull Racing," George said and I furrowed my eyebrows together, trying to think.
"Not a clue," I told him after I thought about it for a couple minutes.

It was finally weekend and George had asked me to join him and some friends of his, Saturday evening. Which I gladly agreed to. I stood in front of my closet trying to decide what to wear. I went for a black dress with black pumps. As I took a cab to George his place, my phone went off.

"Hi, I am sorry to call you," Amber said she sounded stressed. I knew she also worked on the weekends but also the evenings. I have so much respect for this women.

"There is a new spot opening up and we need someone to fill it in for this week so we have time to hire a new one, oh and we need to know it before Monday." Amber continued and I responded with a hum. "It is as Daniel Ricciardo his PR officer, he want you and only you, his words not mine. Anyway, you'd have to fly to Malaysia this Monday. Because of the Grand-prix, you'll also need to sort out his interviews for that week tomorrow." Amber explained to me and I gasped.

" I am not sure," it sounded like a lot and I liked my spare time. My sleep time mostly but still. "I'll do it," I stated, still in shock. "That is great, I'll email you everything you need to know," Amber told me. Bidding her farewell after it. I was perplexed when I stepped out of the cab, in front of George his house. Ringing his doorbell.

George opened and saw immediately something had happened. "Are you okay Rose?" He asked me and I nodded. "I got offered a huge promotion for a week," I told him and he looked confused. "A promotion for a week? To which position?" He looked at me, the confusion still clear on his face. "As Daniel his PR officer," I said and I still couldn't believe it myself. "And?"

"You are looking at the temporary PR officer of Daniel Ricciardo!"

"I have a travel buddy!" was the first thing George shouted, making me giggle. "But congrats Rose, you deserve it. I know you've only worked here for a week but you do it amazing." And with those word he leaned in and kissed my cheek. I felt my cheeks turn scarlet red. And I smiled at him as he smirked at me. "And come in! For gods sake," leading me into his living room where all his friends were seated.

I walked into the living room of George. Three guys and one other girl. Introducing myself to each of them.

"So Rose, tell us something about yourself and not all that red bull shit," Trevor asked, a close friend of George I figured.

"Well, I used to model because in university I needed money so badly," I chuckled and shook my head. George looked surprised. "But I also like horseback riding and rowing," I told them. And Alisha, the only other girl in here got excited. "I have a horse myself, maybe we can go riding sometime together," she suggested and I nodded. "Sounds like a plan," I concluded.

~

Later that evening we decided to go out as they claimed they knew a great club around here. Telling me that sometimes Max or Daniel were there too and I nodded smiling. We decided on taking a cab there, as I and Alisha couldn't walk over there with the heels we were wearing.  We arrived and George rushed out to open the door for me, his friends laughing at his gesture while I was blushing like mad woman. I stepped out of the car and George immediately put his hand on my lower back, making me feel flustered.

"It is just around the corner," George told me softly, his group of friends walking in front of us. "Great," I told him shyly because of his hand on my lower back. "And I didn't tell you this yet, but you look absolutely gorgeous tonight," George told me his blue eyes meeting mine for a second. As we get interrupted by Trevor, who swings an arm around each of our necks. "You two are going to do shots with me," he said grinning, causing me to chuckle. "Sure Trev," George said and rolled his eyes.

We arrived at the club short after and Trevor decided to quickly make his way over to the bar already ordering all of us a drink. My eyes skipped through the club only to see him standing there, a grin on his face, a dark blue sweater which was still showing his arm muscles, making me stare at him. Ricciardo turned my direction and I quickly advert my gaze to the ground, hoping he didn't catch me staring. As I look up again I see him walking towards me.

"Hey Rose," he said to me with his signature grin on his face.