{Chapter Three}

I woke up in a jolt

I woke up in a jolt. I had the craziest nightmare, I just wish I could remember it. Dang it.

I tried to convince myself that there was nothing to be scared of, it was just a dream. But my body wouldn't move from my bed.

'Today's the day you're gonna hang out with Stan.' I reminded myself. Which totally got me up and looking for clothes to wear.

I chose a pink striped shirt, light wash jeans, and light pink sneakers

I threw on light makeup and walked to the  kitchen. No one was there. They might be at work. (Mom works at call center, Dad is a therapist)

If they really needed me today, they would've told me. Right?

I grabbed my backpack, and walked next door.

I knocked on the door.

'What if nobody is up?' I asked myself.

I heard footsteps quickly rush down the stairs and to the door. There was a moment of silence. Then the door opened.

"Hey y/n." He spoke leaning on the door frame.

"Hey Stan, was this too early, I wasn't sure-"

"No not at all, come in." I walked in and he closed the door behind me.

I went to his living room and sat on the couch.

He went to the kitchen, then walked into the living room to sit beside me.

"So what do you want to do?"  He asked leaning back into the couch.

"I don't know, we could watch a movie, talk. It's up to you, Stan the Man." I chuckled.

"Stan the man?" He questioned with disgust.

"You're welcome."

The TV clicked on, but the remote was on the ottoman.

We looked at each other confused, Stan reached for the remote and tried to turn it off, but the TV stayed on.

I quickly recognized what was on the TV, Psycho.

"I guess we're stuck watching a horror movie, if that's okay with you." Stan said taking the back off of the remote. Then to our surprise, there were no batteries in it.

"I guess we have no other choice." I smiled, took off my shoes, then brought my knees to my chest.

He copied my actions, then started making comments on how bad the movie is.

"I wish this movie knew how to use fake blood." Stan complained.

I laughed, then the TV went fuzzy. The sound was louder than it should have been.

We winced then covered our ears.

"What the hell is happening?" Stan tried to turn off the TV manually, but it wouldn't.

I slipped on my shoes quickly, and stood up.

A face started to form within the static, it looked almost human, but the forehead was large.

"Stan do you see that?" The static getting louder, causing us to yell.

He looked up from the power button, and quickly scooted away from the TV, then put on his shoes.

"LETS GO TO YOUR HOUSE." He shouted running towards the door.

I followed him to my house. We crept in, just in case my sisters or parents were in the kitchen or living room. We walked up to my room.

I turned around to close the door behind me, but Stan was making my bed.

"Dude, I'm not that messy." I spoke sitting on the bay window.

"You're really not, I've seen worse, like Richie's room. I just have like an organization issue." Stan admitted, then sat on the floor.

It was quiet for a moment.

"Should we tell someone about what we saw?" I asked him.

"Nobody will believe us. And I'll get in trouble for having someone over with out permission. And you'll get in trouble for sneaking out-"

"Point taken." The image of that face wouldn't leave my brain. It was permanently imprinted in my brain.

"I probably won't be able to sleep tonight." He said with a huff.

"Me too." I looked out the window. It was maybe the afternoon, "I don't really wanna do anything else today."

"I'll leave if you want-" He started to leave.

"No don't, I like your company." I grabbed his arm. A large blush rose to his face.

"Alright then, I'll stay." He walked over to my bookshelf. While I flopped onto my bed. I closed my eyes and tried to get rid of that awful image.

"Hey, this is pretty good." I leaned up to see what Stan was looking at. It was an old sketch book.

I quickly got up and tried to snatch his out of his hands. But he held it up high, definitely out of my reach.

"Oh who's this?" He spoke showing me a picture of a certain male.

"A guy a use to like back in my old town. He turned out to be a real butt munch."

"Butt munch. So pure and innocent. Hey speaking of that do you wanna come to the temple with me tomorrow?" He asked.

"Sure, but what for?"

"I have to study for my bar mitzvah."

"I better be invited." I spoke sassily.

"It's not till next summer chill out."

"Whatever, I guess I will. My sister is also leaving for college tomorrow, so that'll be my mom and her will be gone tomorrow."