Chapter Three: Band mate

“But, Krissy!” Dakota begged on the other end of the line, “You promised, remember?”

I totally forgot about playing in Will's gig. Instead of tomorrow, it got moved to today, Friday.

I wanted to make up excuses and all, but I had nothing. I was at home munching on chips while watching television. Training ended early, so I couldn't use that as an excuse.

“Fine,” I sighed, “Ill go.”

Dakota practically squealed in delight on the other end,  “Ill pick you up at 7. Wear black!”

Rummaging through my closet, wearing black tonight was more than easy. I owned a lot of black clothing, from shirts, to shirts, pants, and leggings.

Since I was performing, I decided on black leather tights, which I paired with a black sheer blouse. I hated wearing heels, so I decided with some flats. I removed my hair from my messy bun and styled it with a brush, my ever-straight hair now had some waves in it.

I picked up my vintage sunburst Les Paul from its corner in my room and headed out.

“I'll be back before 1 in the morning, Dad!”

"Be careful, Krissy! Stay with Dakota at all times. Break a leg on your performance!" he called from the kitchen.

"I will Dad!" I replied before shutting the door and running to where Dakota's car was parked.

Before I even opened up the passenger seat, Dakota whistled as she saw me.

"You look hot girl!" she complimented, "It makes me want to slap your behind."

"No behind slapping, Coco," I warned as I fastened the seatbelt.

"I look hot?" I asked in disbelief after seeing what my friend was wearing, "Have you seen yourself in the mirror lately?"

Dakota smiled and started the engine. She was wearing a red dress that complemented her golden blonde hair. It wasn't too showy of course. Will wouldn't have agreed, he was an overprotective boyfriend.

Still, whatever my friend wore made her look beautiful. That's my Dakota for you.

"Where are we headed?" I asked turning on the radio.

"To Rave," Dakota replied.

I smiled, "Did I even need to ask?"

Rave was a resto-bar downtown. It belonged to Will's family, so his band could perform all they wanted there.

++++++++++

"If it isn't my two favorite young ladies!" Will's dad greeted before suffocating us in his bear hug.

"Hi Mr. Smith," I squeaked.

After a few moments of suffocation, he finally let go of us, "Will's backstage with the band."

"Thanks Mr. Smith!" Dakota and I replied in unison.

"Hey Coco!" Will greeted as we entered the music room. He embraced Dakota and kissed her on the cheek, "You look gorgeous."

I left the two lovebirds alone and walked to where the rest of the band members were chilling.

"Hey there Kris," Shaq who was the drummer said from the couch, "you look beautiful."

Shaq was a gentleman unlike some other person whose name rhymed with Shaq I new back at school.

"Thanks, Shaq." I replied with a smile, "Hi Stefan." I said turning to the boy sitting beside Shaq. Stefan played the keyboard; he was also Shaq's younger brother.