'I was doomed from the moment P'Pha told P'Beam he wasn't into boys...'  Yo sighed.

Just then, he heard the familiar sound of keys jingling from the hallway. He knew that jingle well. It was the sound of an extra bell accessory attached to a key set that Pring owned. He had heard it almost every night for Pring often returned home late, way past the time Yo had returned from school. And unless someone else along their floor coincidentally had the same accessory, then Yo was positive that the person on the other side of that door was the former college star.

Rushing to the door, he stopped just before reaching for the handle, making sure to tidy his messy appearance. It had to be Pring out there and knowing that she had dinner with Pha, the chances of Pha dropping her off was high as well- meaning Yo might be able to see his crush if what he assumed was right. Checking his breath one last time, Yo finally exited his room.

"Oh, P'Pring!" Yo greeted enthusiastically, elated that it was indeed the person he expected.

[Yo stops Pring for a conversation]

"Oh, Yo!" smiled the senior at her cute neighbour.

"You're home late," Yo walked towards her. "Where's P'Pha?"

"Oh, Pha went to study some more after dinner with his friends," Pring replied.

"He still studies after exams?" Yo questioned.

"Yep. He helps those who failed their tests. In fact, one of his friends has a make-up test in two days," Pring answered.

Yo felt his smile slip. He thought Pha would be here but of course the handsome nerd had other responsibilities. Plastering a fake smile onto his face, Yo continued the conversation.

"Then..." Yo hummed. "When will he be back?"

"I'm not sure... Do you have something you want to say to him?" Pring asked.

"No..." Yo drawled, struggling to think of an excuse. "I just wanted to... ask him something about the contest!"

"Oh..." Pring nodded. "It won't take long but you'll have to wait."

"Ah..." Yo played along. "If I remember correctly, Pha's room is on the 4th floor, room number...."

"3rd floor, room 3," Pring giggled, not knowing she had just been tricked into giving her love rival her crush's personal details. "You've confused his room with some other chick's, haven't you?"

Yo blushed at Pring's statement, berating himself for choosing such a dumb way of confirming Pha's room number. But hey, at least it worked.