Chapter 20 - The Start of Chaos

Bắt đầu từ đầu

"That bitch kept us here for weeks, what was she even trying to do?!" Abby said.

Carlos spoke up in a low tone, "She was making us rewatch our friends deaths, you idiot..."

Everyone grew silent as Jacob began walking around the room bit by bit trying to ignore the conversation as much as possible. Everyone shared looks at Jacob but they didn't speak, they just averted their gaze.

"What's wrong with him?" Miles said as he looked towards Jacob.

No one answered him at first, but gradually Lexi forced her voice to speak.

"T-that girl was forcing us to kill each other, and he fell to her orders..."

Miles eyes widened as he stood up and gripped his gun on instinct but he didn't draw it.

"If you're going to shoot me, soldier, get it over with. I honestly don't care what you do or say, I just want to get everyone out of here."

Miles hesitantly let his grip on his gun go and sat back down on the chair, "When we do get out of here, I will have to take you in even if you aren't an adult yet. If you did actually kill another that is."

"Actually if you were here for a few days already how didn't you know we were here? Surely you would've overheard Taylor talking to us through that bear right?" Simon said.

"Actually she forced me and the other two to just stay in this room when we first got here."

"How did you even trick her anyway? Surely she'd notice if you weren't actually mind controlled" Marco said.

Miles shrugged, "I simply took the earpiece off an unconscious soldier after one of the bases were attacked and blended in. I could still hear Taylors voice through the communicator but I suppose since my brain hadn't been affected like the others, I still had control. Either way I chose to obey to blend in, and when she chose three of us to come with her here I was luckily chosen."

"Meaning she knew you were pretending" Jacob said as he walked down the room towards the back wall.

"What?" Miles said.

Jacob lowered his head and turned around to face him, "I have no idea how many soldiers there were in total but the chances she picks the one who's pretending is pretty low, she knew you were pretending meaning what we're doing now is exactly as she planned. She is right, it does hurt to be wrong."

Miles grew hesitant but chose to not answer as he looked at the controls to his right. "Does anyone know what these buttons do?"

Marco took a close look at them, his eyes widening in surprise.

"Half of them don't have words to describe them, but it seems this one does."

He pushed a finger onto a yellow button that had some writing engraved into the wall above it reading 'DOME RELEASE.'

A few seconds later there was a loud sound of something shifting and everyone except Jacob ran out of the entrance to see the top of the Dome opening outwards as the walls themselves sunk into the ground.

"Is that glass flexible?!" Miles said, "It shouldn't be able to open like that."

"This girl is crazy, trust me that's the least surprising thing she's done" Simon said.

The dome sunk completely into the ground, their path into the school grounds open again but only Miles chose to venture inwards.

"I mean, it wouldn't hurt to look over it again right?" Carlos said.

Everyone shared looks, their heads turning back to Jacob who was examining the back wall, then they nodded and ran towards the Academy.

"This wall" Jacob said as he took out his PAL and used the light on the screen to try and see the engravings over it properly.