chapter one

I met him in 7th grade.

I walked into english, not noticing who was all in there.

I became painfully shy: I was seen as the smart perfectionist.

Hence why I ignored everyone in there.

Eventually, that class ended and I had to go to math.

One thing about math: I used to be the best in there, and no, that isn't really confidence or my cocky self kicking in.

People always copied off of me in there, but that's a story for another day.

When I walked in, I immediately caught two, dark brown, chocolate looking eyes. Soon, I found myself sitting in the back of the room, confused as to what happened.

In that class, we had to walk around the room to get to know everyone. He was one of the first people I went to.

"Hi," he said happily.

"Hey, I'm Elena," I responded, shyly might I add.

"So... uhm, have you done anything on this sheet?"

Looking down, I remembered I was given a sheet to get to know things about him.

I can tell you now, I didn't remember what he put his name down on; I just wanted to talk to him.

Math was my lunch period, so once the bell rang, I walked confidently to the lunch room. Maybe if I looked confident, people would look at me like that is what I told myself. Let me tell you now. It didn't work on him.

I tried staying confident, I sat down with the one girl I actually knew; her name was Dulce.

Little did I know, Grayson and Dulce were together. And once I found out, I felt shattered.

Yes, it was a stupid middle school crush. It's not really important.