If It Makes You Happy

"I've been roaming around, always looking down at all I see. Painted faces feel the places I can't reach. You know that I could use somebody. You know that I could use somebody. Someone like you, and all you know ,and how you speak. Countless lovers undercover of the street. You know that I could use somebody. You know that I could use somebody. Someone like you."-Use Somebody by Kings of Leon

7:00 AM came way to eary Garret had said he had to work. Turned out he was a salesman at a major car dealership in a city about 30 minutes away from Sleepy Eye. Christian woke up from a hard sleep instantly worried about morning breath. Garret was slowly moving about her bedroom picking up his discarded clothes and making small talk. Christian pulled on a bathrobe and headed down stairs to smoke an early morning cigarette trying to calm the raging storm of emotions insider her. She had slept with him and she liked it. She had wanted to cling to him, to crash into him. To melt her skin to his and have the pain removed from her shoulders if only for a minute. Somehow, Garret had done just that. He had eased her pain, helped clear her mind, and made her feel something. The something had Christian nervously bouncing her foot as she sat with one leg crosse over her knee, taking slow steadying drags off her favorite killer.

As she heard him come downstairs her breath caught in her throat, red, it was the perfect color of red, a polo fitting his shoulders and chest just right, making the rusty red highlights in his brown goatee stand out and his eyes so stunningly green Christian felt herself falling in them. Garret took the cigarette from Christian and took a long drag with a devilishly sexy growl. One long kiss later he was pulling out of her drive in a 2011 Midnight Blue Mustang 5.0. She could hear him grinding gears as he made his way back to the interstate hauling ass to get to work. No sooner had his car disappeared from sight she heard her cell phone beeping with a new text message. Christians eyes lit up when she saw both messages were from Garret. The messages were simple, "you were perfect last night. Thank You," and "I get off work at 7:30, I'll be over around 9."

Christian wasn't sure what to think or how to feel. He wanted to see her again and grudgingly she admitted she wanted to see more of him too. She had worried about body odor, and whether he would be attracted to her, how they would fit together, and if she would please or repulse him. The realization that she was still able to care about having a man attracted to her struck a nerve. For the first time in a long time, Christian felt like a woman. A woman who had acted on impulse, and hit a gold man in Garret. He had met her every need, cradling her securely like a child in the aftermath of their loving, soaring her to great heights and whispering in her ear pushing her into orgasm over and over, subtly surrounding her with his essence, breaking down her defenses until she had let herself go and gave herself completely to him. No thinking, just feeling.

She walked up the stairs back to her bedroom slowly still feeling his kiss on her lips. The intensity had shocked her. Noone ever kissed Christian Vargas with the hunger of a starving man. She liked it. She miled tentatively to herself and as she glanced at the unopened letters from Jake on her nightstand she couldn't help but smirk... Jake Who?

A/N: Ok guys, It is a work in progress and I'm also writing a story called Schism which is the sequel to this story. However its been put on hold and my priority is to finish out this one. Impossible was inspired by one of my exes. While he is better off my ex, he is credited with helping me find my footing in the world again.