Dalawampu't Isa

Começar do início

"And now?"

"I am now willing to do it.  I understand them better when I stepped away from the situation.  It's not ideal, yes, pero I do need to grow up; I do need to make sacrifices.  Mahirap man tanggapin, I'm willing to do it kasi mahal ko ang pamilya ko."

"It's such a big sacrifice though," Enzo told her seriously. 

"I didn't think I would agree to it either, pero may nangyari sa Daddy ko eh.  Para bang natauhan ako. Eh ikaw, bakit ka pumayag?" she asked as their pre-ordered cream of mushroom soup was brought to the table.

"I didn't agree to it," Enzo shrugged.  Dahil hindi naman ako ang first born son na ipinagkasundo sa yo.

"Anyway," Stephanie changed the subject.  "Ang ganda ng porma natin ngayon, Hijo, ha.  Cool na cool."

Enzo wore khakis with a tucked in white shirt, a navy blazer, and a polka dotted navy blue and yellow bow tie.  He wore a tan canvas belt around his waist and white canvas slip on sneakers on his feet.  He recently got a hair cut so his side swept bangs weren't as long sa it was when he was in La Union.  "Thanks," he smiled.  "Ikaw din.  Ang ganda ganda mo.  Pero never ka namang hindi naging maganda."

She smiled at him.  "Salamat, Hijo, pero alam ko na yan," she smirked at him.  "Siguro I should stop calling you Hijo and start calling you Enzo, no?"

"That would be nice," he smiled at her.  "As much as I find it cute that you have a pet name for me, I don't find it cute na pinapamukha mo sa akin na little brother lang ang tingin mo sa akin," he pouted at her.

"Sorry na.  Hindi na, hindi na," she giggled.  They were in the middle of eating their salmon and rice pilaf main course when Stephanie's phone beeped.  She received a text message from Rachel inviting her to go clubbing.  Namiss nya rin naman magparty so tiningnan nya muna si Enzo.

"What?" he asked her before taking another bite of his food.

"I want you to meet some of my friends.  Okay lang ba sa yo?"

"Saan?"

"A club at The Fort."

"Sure, pero okay na ba itong suot ko?"

"Ako ang bahala sa yo," she winked at him.  

"Anong oras?"

"Right after dinner."

"Okay, sige.  I can drive us.  How did you get here?"

"Our driver, pero sige, pwede ko naman syang pauwiin.  This is gonna be fun!"

Stephanie chirped away happily the rest of the night.  True, she still didn't want to marry Enzo since he was not the one she was in love with, but at least the Benitez heir was someone she knew, she thought to herself.  Para syang nabunutan ng tinik.  Somebody up there really does love me, she smiled to herself.  

***

Stephanie and Enzo made their way to the packed club, bypassing the line to get in because Rachel had put their names on the VIP guest list.  Stephanie had texted Rachel as soon as they arrived and her best friend met them by the front door.  Nagyakapan ang dalawang magkaibigan at hinila na ni Rachel si Stephanie papuntang private lounge nila.  They went up the stairs to an area with a huge circular couch.  The table in the middle had top shelf liquor and mixers.  A bartender was doing table service for their group.  Nagbeso si Stephanie sa mga kakilala nya, excitedly catching up with them kahit malakas ang music dahil matagal tagal din silang hindi nagkita kita.

"Best, sino yang kasama mo?" sigaw ni Rachel sa tenga ng kaibigan.  "Sya ba yan?" 

Stephanie smiled at Rachel.  "Rach, I'd like you to meet Enzo Benitez," Stephanie reached for Enzo's hand.  "My future husband."