2. Feelings Are Confusing

'But most of all, he hoped to see Lance again.'

It was now two weeks ago that Lance and Keith had met. They hadn't seen each other since then. Or well, Lance had seen Keith. In fact, Lance was following the black haired boy almost everywhere he went. But he had decided that Keith didn't need to know that.

Keith was worried beyond reason, he hadn't heard anything from his new friend. He couldn't stop thinking about the mysterious boy with the white hair. He couldn't decide what to call his feelings towards the other boy.

Was it admiration?

Was it a hunger to know about all mystic things?

Friendship?

...Love?

He had decided to keep it between friendship and admiration. He did admire the boy, of course he did. The way he moved when the wind carried him. Or with how much ease he seemed to make his every move. While Keith was a stumbling mess around him.

It all made his heart beat fast and loudly in his chest.

He shook his head to get rid of the thought about the living legend. Pidge gave him a weird look. He just smiled innocently. Pidge decided it wasn't worth their time and continued their sandwich.

A few moments later, a comfortable silence had settled between the two friends, came Hunk, Shiro and Allura walking towards Keith and Pidge.

Pidge had their mouth full with sandwich, so they just gave a nod. Keith looked up from his salad.

"I don't understand why you still eat that. It looks gross!" Pidge said as they pointed at Keith's salad.

Keith just shrugged. He had decided he needed to lose some weight. He said to himself it was because he liked to be fit, but deep down he knew it was because he was insecure about his body and wanted to be pretty for a certain white haired boy.

"I decided to lose some weight." He said softly.

"Why? You look absolutely fine!" Pidge exclaimed.

"Leave him alone, Pidge. Let him lose weight if he wants to," Shiro butted in. "Not that I think you should, you might get too skinny. But it is entirely up to you, I respect every decision you make."

They all looked at Shiro. Keith lifted one of his eyebrows.

"What? I was just saying." Shiro muttered as he fixed his attention back on the pasta in front of him.

"Aaanyway," Hunk had decided he wanted this awkward conversation to end. "I am going to skate this afternoon, who wants to join?"

Everyone made noises of agreement, Keith was not really paying attention and his thought wandered back to Lance. Maybe he did feel Love. All the signs where there, the way his heart would skip a beat everytime their eyes met. The way his breath seemed to be cut off when he thought of Lance's stupid grin, or his sparkling eyes of the light freckles dotted in an undefinable pattern...

"Keith?"

Keith looked up and saw everybody looking at him. Except Pidge, they just continued to eat their sandwich while scrolling through their phone.

"Huh?" Keith said with his mouth full of salad.

"Eww, gross," Hunk said, shuddering as he could see the lettuce Kieth was eating. "We were talking about going ice skating this afternoon, do you want to come?"

"Oh uhmm, no thanks. I'm good." Keith turned back to his salad.

His friends all shared a look of concern. They had a silent discussion consisting of lots of glares, shoes hitting shins and poking each other with elbows. Eventually Shiro sighed.