chapter three | | next prey

C A S S I D Y

❝ i heard that you've been having some trouble finding your place in this world. ❞

— unknown.

Ingrid and Mia adopted me into their perfect duo in no time. However, they seem quite adamant on their views of the students at the top of the social pyramid. I still have not been able to discover why though. I simply just presume that there must have been a series of unfortunate incidents.

However, I had gradually learned the exact social standings of everyone according to them. The system isn't a confirmed one, some people slink in a few different places, but the top is well-known.

I wasn't too unknown around the grounds either but that was plainly because of my new-girl status and my brother. They don't see any new students ever around here, and when they do, they take a long time to blend in and to get rid of the title. 

It appeared that Connor had 

"What's wrong with my brother?" I ponder, while we sat in our usual table outside during lunch, "He's just doing what his own thing."

We were currently discussing on why he shouldn't join the top of the social ladder. I would find it especially beneficial if he did. It would equal classified information and behaviour that the typical students wouldn't know about.

Although it would take a bit of coaxing first.

Most people here did their own things, not quite throwing themselves in other people's businesses. There were some exceptions - some girl questioned what my old school was located and if I could show her some of the class pictures for a visualization as she kindly put it.

Connor did join the basketball team; I'm supposed to find a job to stay out of the house soon. It wouldn't take very long for him to start inviting people over - mainly, his new friends.

The heads of the food chain here. 

"Connor is hot and since he's related to you, so I'm going to give you a piece of advice. You don't mess around with the people here," Ingrid states coolly, setting down her Sprite can.

"Oh lord, he is not that good looking," I groan loudly while snorting out in disbelief. 

"He kind of is," Mia laughs lightly, before patting my shoulder sympathetically. 

Ingrid wagged her eyebrows at me. "Well, on to the important matters- no offense to looks of course, but there's too much dirt in that group."

"Dirt?" I perked up ever so slightly. If it was one thing I learned, sometimes situations happen which pushes people to commit guilty actions out of the ordinary that they typically wouldn't do normally. 

"For starters, Chase and Skye have been together since they were children. You know always loved each other kind of shit? That's them. This must be their third year together."

"What's peculiar about that? I mean except for the obvious part of 'Wow, that's a lot of dedication'." I cock my head, contemplating the sentences, not finding a single error in them.

"For starters, there's a rumour that Chase's best friend is into her," she deadpans.

"Are you serious?" I gape in sheer surprise. "But wait. . . if they were friends, wouldn't he know that? Maybe the rumour is false. They usually are."

I furrow my brows, assessing the new information. It was one thing for a rumour to be accurate and another to be based on a simple data. Plus, it wasn't like Chase was doing anything particularly alarming to fuel that theory.

Deception Through A Nerdजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें