~ End of Year 4 ~

Dumbledore gathered everyone in the great hall to give a heartbreaking speech about Cedric

Dumbledore gathered everyone in the great hall to give a heartbreaking speech about Cedric. Celeste turned around and saw Draco sat on the other side of the room behind Krum, his head bowed solemnly, at least he was being respectful, she thought. The Hufflepuff turned back around and took George's hand in hers, squeezing it tightly. As Dumbledore spoke the hall was silent, no one spoke, whispered or even coughed. Many of them were crying silently, not even Fred and George had managed to hold off tears.

Dumbledore announced who in fact took Cedric away from this world, who was responsible for his death, everyone felt the air leave their lungs as the dreaded name was spoken. He spoke about how the different schools needed to stand strong together now more than ever, and that he expected dark times to be ahead. Celeste saw Cho, her head hidden in her hands, when it reappeared her cheeks were soaking wet, her eyes were red like she had cried for days, and there were dark shadows beneath those eyes as if she hadn't slept, though, Celeste expected, no one had slept.

"Remember Cedric" Dumbledore announced "remember, if the time should come when you have to make a choice between what is right, and what is easy, remember what happened to a boy who was good, and kind, and brave, because he strayed across the path of Lord Voldemort. Remember" Celeste held her breath to stop from sobbing loudly "Cedric Diggory"

Everyone filed silently out of the hall, Celeste had been holding George's hand as they were walking, but she let go and said that she needed to be alone for a moment, he hadn't left her side since everything happened. While she was walking she came across Cho, and Celeste hugged her tightly and told her how sorry she was. Then she left to let Cho be alone and ended up in that part of the castle she cried in before, an empty corridor with leaves strewn over the stone floor and a brisk wind blowing freely through.

With a loud cry she slumped to the floor and remembered how kind Cedric had always been, he defended her against the Slytherin's, he helped her when she asked for it, he welcomed her to his school, he listened when she spoke, and most of all he was a friend.

Her body shook as she cried to herself, and when she looked up she saw a familiar figure approaching, it was Draco. Forgetting the animosity between them Celeste jumped off the floor and flung herself into Draco's arms "oh Draco" she whispered in a strained voice "it's all my fault! It's all my fault! I knew something terrible was going to happen and- and, I didn't do anything! It's my fault! All of it! It's my fault he's dead!"

Draco stroked her hair comfortingly and rocked her slightly, then she heard him say in a small whisper "it's not your fault, butterfly, none of it is" she felt a warmth pierce her heart then, it was Draco, the boy she once knew who called her butterfly as she soared over the grounds on her little legs, it was him that was comforting her now, he remembered, he remembered it all.