Part 3

"Saved me? I never needed saving, especially from a peasant." I scoff. I remember her now. It was the first time I had gone into the village by myself. I remember I snuck into the servant's quarters and stole one of the smaller boys clothing, and left the estate without notifying anyone. Grandmother sure beat me hard after that, but it was all worth it to me. I look back at her to see her grinning.

"Yeah you didn't need saving, but you needed help, and company. I just happened to be able to provide both." She smirks over at me. I give up and smile back softly.

"You're right. I remember you. That was one of the best days of my life, even if I got a hard beating after I got home. You look so different; it's no wonder why I didn't recognize you." Her hair is half way down her back, and she is dressed in something my mother would have in her closet. When she was little, her hair was kept short to help fight bugs and she wore a lot of cheap clothing. It's a complete 180... I wonder what changed. I try to recall any town gossip about the Kent family, but nothing comes up. It was such a long time ago. I'm amazed she remembered me, or even that day, at all. Intriguing at the least.

Alice's POV:

I watch his face as gears turn in his head, remembering the day we met. It hurts a bit more than expected that he didn't remember me until now, but I should have been prepared for that. For who would remember a peasant girl when there are so many treasures in the manor to pay attention to. I think back to how I looked back then. My hair in short blonde locks, due to being shaved a few months prior, colored a dark brown due to how dirty I was. I remember how happy my brother was to sign up for the war to be able to buy me lavish dresses and make sure I could afford to look good for potential suitors. He's so proud of me, even though I haven't seen him in a while due to the war being full swing. I hope to see him again soon.

The rest of the meal is smooth sailing, as we finally fall into a comfortable conversation about current events in the town. Theodore finishes his meal and stands, extending his hand out.

"Are you ready to return home?" He smiles warmly. Gently placing my hand in his I stand, and allow him to escort me out. I can't wait to finally ride in a carriage! I smile in excitement and pure happiness that I'm able to enjoy this time with Theodore. When we reach the front door of the café, there's no carriage. I look around searching for it, until I hear Theodore chuckle.

"If you're looking for a carriage there isn't one. Sorry to disappoint." He grins at me.

"Then how did you get here?" I'm sure he can see the pure confusion in my facial expression.

His grin widens as he replies, "Well, I walked, of course!" The look of pure joy shone on his face like sunshine on a beautiful summer day. He continues as he looks in the direction of the manor, "My grandmother always said "All truly great thoughts are conceived by walking." a quote she read once in a book by Sir Friedrich Nietzsche. She always took me on daily walks with her and my grandfather. She loves her walks, and he loves her." I listen to his story as he stares into the distance. I smile as a warm feeling spreads within my chest. I hope one day Theodore will love me like his grandfather loves his grandmother. He looks down at me and a look of sadness flashes through his eyes so quickly I almost missed it. "Let's get you home Miss Kent."

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

I'm the worst and forgot all about this book oml. >.< Forgive me!!

~*~*~* Lunablue ~*~*~*