"It's Chateau Mouton. It has a great taste and I- would you rather have white wine? I personally like red wine better. But I do have white-"

"No, red is fine Devon. Thank you." She smiled at him, relieved to see she wasn't the only one nervous. He started rambling whenever he was nervous and Ester did the exact opposite. She could not bring out a right sentence without stuttering.

"Okay." Devon said, gulping audibly as he poured two glasses and brought them over to the table. Ester thanked him and he simply smiled as he took his seat across from her again.

It was silent for a second as Ester enjoyed watching him being insecure. Don't get her wrong, she didn't enjoy the fact that he was insecure. But she enjoyed finally seeing the man not so confident all the time and not so demanding, like he usually was. It took away her own nervousness.

"Do you think it's hot in here? I feel like it's a little humid. I best open a window before your hair turns frizzy." He said in all seriousness as he stood up and opened a window in the room. Ester had to bite her cheeks from laughing out loud.

"Before my hair gets frizzy?" She decided to start a conversation as she turned to watch him walk towards her with widened eyes.
"No, I didn't mean it like that. I just don't want a repeat of our second date. Because you wanted to go home because your hair turned frizzy. I thought you looked beautiful, I still think you do." He rushed out.

"Devon, could it be that you are nervous?" She decided to mention the elephant in the room as he walked past her to look at the salmon.
"No, but the salmon is ready." He said as he took two cooking gloves and took out the pan.

Five minutes later, they were both digging into their food.
"The salmon tastes amazing, Devon. Have you cooked it before?" Ester asked, proud that her voice wasn't even trembling. He made her feel comfortable, which was funny because she made him feel nervous. Was he afraid she wouldn't like his food?

"I'm glad you like it. But no, I got a recipe from the internet." He told her after swallowing.
"You should write it down, it definitely is worth it." Ester said before taking another bite.

"I will." He told her, visibly pleased that she liked his food. It sure as heck wasn't hard to do, so he was a little insecure about it. He thought he did something wrong since he never really cooks anymore.

"Oh by the way, do you think Martha and her broom would like a new blender? I saw one and thought it would be a great wedding gift. But then again, I never attended a wedding from someone who literally had everything already." Ester told him.

"You know you don't have to buy her anything. She just wants the dance." Devon replied, taking another bite as well. Ester shook her head.

"I know she said that, but I feel weird for not buying her an actual gift." She said, making him nod.
"If you want to buy her something, you can. It's your choice. Just know it's not necessary." He shrugged and Ester nodded.

"What did you buy her?" He looked up at her question and Ester's eyes widened.
"You didn't buy her anything yet?" She asked.
"There's still time." He shrugged again.

"The marriage is in less than two months, Devon." Ester reminded him.
"Well I'm sorry I was busy seducing you." He rolled his eyes in fake annoyance as Ester felt herself blush again.

"Excuse me. But I don't remember being seduced." She cleared her throat and took a sip of her wine. Devon smirked, suddenly seeming confident again as he stopped eating and narrowed his eyes slightly.

"You're right, my bad. It was the other way around, wasn't it?" He asked her and Ester blushed even more, which made her drink more of the cold wine in order to balance it out. She had no idea how to answer to that, since she did seduce him that one time and she was sure he was referring to that.

"The wine tastes good." She decided to act indifferent about his statement, which made him chuckle. He shook his head and resumed eating.

Ester's eyes were hooded by her long eyelashes as she silently watched him. She was now completely aware of him. He was getting comfortable again, which on one hand made her happy. But on the other hand it increased her own level of nervousness.

"You seem a little flushed, love. Are you okay? Do you want more wine?" He teased her, seeing as she almost finished her wine. Ester glared up at him and he had to hold back from laughing. Who was nervous now?

"I'm good, thank you." She lifted her chin high with pride and took another sip. Devon watched her with a tilt of his head. She looked incredibly beautiful tonight. The lighting seemed perfect in order to make her look like a painting. Her elegant fingers wrapped around the glass of wine and her small frame seemed to just perfectly fit into the apartment.

He suddenly had a vision in his head, which should've confused him. But it just seemed right. He wanted her here. With him, in his apartment. She made him better, he recognized. And he wanted to let the whole world know.

But first, he wanted to make her his. They had been dating for a month but he had yet to pop the question. He had planned on doing that tonight, hence his nervous state at the beginning of the date. But now he was sure. He just had to ask her now.

"Ester?" He started and she caught his eyes before placing the glass down.
"Devon." She answered, having no idea what was about to come.

"Well, I have a question. And know that you don't have to answer immediately." He said, making Ester frown. Shit, he was getting nervous again, Devon noted. Out with it! He pushed himself to just spit it out before making up an excuse again.

"Do you want to be my girlfriend?"