Chapter 3 - A New Place To Call Hell

Start from the beginning

"Alright then, have fun" Jacob said as he took a close look at Lisa and Rachel, then turned away as Rachel wheeled Lisa out of the building.

"So what did I miss while in the infirmary?" Lisa said.

Rachel brought Lisa around the edges of the dome as they went around the back of the school building at a slow pace, "Marcus stabbed Adam, and was chained in his own room as a punishment. But besides that nothing really happened besides Adam and Jacob giving a rather special speech."

"A speech about what exactly?"

"They noticed how everyone's giving into the despair around us, and tried their hardest to give us all hope to carry on basically."

"Oh, that's nice of them."

"It is, the world could use people who can help others."

The two girls stayed quiet for a while as they came to the tennis court and stopped on Lisa's request.

"This place reminds me of my old school" Lisa said, "I used to play on the courts with my friends but was always too shy to do it with the boys around."

"Oh, did you like them?" Rachel said with a slight smile.

Lisa blushed slightly but shook her head, "N-No, but they kept complimenting me on how I am online."

"You don't like the attention then?"

Lisa nodded softly as she held her hands on her knees, "I'm not that great around others sadly."

"That's never a problem" Rachel said with a smile as she moved in front of Lisa, "No one is expecting you to always get along with everyone, or even try, it's up to you completely. If you think you can't do something just say that and I'm sure everyone will understand."

"I guess, I've never been good with explaining my own feelings" Lisa said with her head looking to her right.

"And is that bad? I don't see it as something bad, I see it as you just have a lot of ways to go til you can trust others. Besides, trusting others shouldn't be simple anyway, Adam and Jacob were stupid for thinking it would be easy."

"That's true, I've always seen it as stupid when people become friends or even lovers within a second of meeting. Love at first sight my ass" Lisa said.

Rachel let out a slight giggle, "Exactly."

She stood to her feet and walked behind the wheelchair again, "Either way, you don't have to trust anyone here, but that doesn't mean we can't talk right? I'll be here if you need someone, after all I'm one hell of a listener" and with that Rachel used her right hand to flick her hair out behind her before moving the wheelchair around the building again while Lisa sat there in thought.

"I might take the offer, t-thank you" she said, "I appreciate it. You and Adam, and Joy a little for taking me to the infirmary, have been nice."

Rachel let out a small smile, "Always happy to help."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"So before all this happened, what were you like?"

Abby took a card from the 4 cards in her hand and placed it down on the already existing pile of messy cards, the card she placed down revealed to be an eight of hearts.

"Me or Lexi?" Adam said as he took a five of clubs from his hand of five cards and placed it down.

"I think she means you" Lexi said, placing down a nine of diamonds from her hand of four cards.