Part 22(Peter's POV)

Comenzar desde el principio

         Kenzie's feet swung back and forth on the car of the train. "You definitely don't screw everything up. And I'm sure you're a hero to them, too." 

          I sure hope so, I thought to myself. I laid down onto the roof of the car, Kenzie settling next to me. The clear sky above us was like black ink that had faded out, leaving white spots for stars to shine down on the world.

          Not too many more words passed between us as the rest of the ride carried on. It wasn't an awkward silence, more of a silence where there were too many thoughts and questions to be put into words. So many unspoken things traveled between me and Kenz as we laid there. The Peter Parker side of me was furious with myself for leaving her even for a minute. The Spider-Man side of me could feel her own happiness and contentment with what I had done for her. Both sides were terrified of what could have happened, and inexplicably glad that she was safe. The resulting mix of emotions made me feel like I had swallowed a frog and it was jumping around inside of me, taking my stomach with it.

          When we had gone as far as the train had take us, I wrapped my arm around Kenzie's waist and swung off into the suburbs. We must he been going pretty fast, because within two minutes, I was standing on Kenzie's doorstep. She opened her front door, hesitating before stepping inside.

           Leaving the door open, she embraced me one more time. "Thank you so much. You could have been off saving the world. Why me?" she looked me in the eyes(mask?), her own chocolatey eyes darting.

          "Because that's how you save the world," I started. "One person at a time."

          With that, I swung away.

         Back at my apartment complex, I climbed into my room through my window and changed out of my suit and into my pajamas.

          Right as I went to sit down on my bed, I heard a knock at my bedroom door. "Peter? It's May. Are you doing okay? Have they found her yet?"

           "Come in, May!" I yelled to her.

          The door swung open, revealing a frazzled Aunt May. She ran and sat down next to me on my bed. "What's going on?"

          "She's okay. She's home. I really want to go and see her. Be there with her." I choked on the tears riding up in my throat. I had just been with her. Why did I feel like it had been too long?

          She nodded. "Go. Go see her. She needs you, now more then ever."

**********

           The man in the passenger's seat groaned as he woke from unconsciousness. He tried to adjust his position, but he found himself glued to his seat by a sticky mass of spider webs.

          The driver of the semi truck was already awake, also seat-belted to his chair by the sticky substance. But he seemed unbothered by the fact that he couldn't move his lower torso- instead, he was viciously typing numbers into his cell phone.

          The knuckles of the driver's dark skin whitened with the force of which he was holding his phone as he brought it up to his ear.

          "Boss?" The driver grunted.

           The man on the other line spoke so forcefully that it was audible even to the man in the drivers seat. "You better have a good reason for calling me when you know I'm in the middle of something, Maxwell," he growled.

          The drivers face hardened. "Yes, sir. I have news."

          "Go on, then. I don't have time to deal with your idiocy."

         "We lost the girl. But it wasn't our fault."

         The driver flinched as a colorful curse was yelled through the phone. "You IDIOTS! If you have a reason for calling me other than making me angry, you better speak up now, because if not, you may not find me very forgiving in my punishments."

          A small smile crossed the face of the driver. "Yes, sir. Spider-Man was the one who thwarted our mission."

          "And?"

          The small smile transformed into a malicious grin. "He was crying. Extremely shaken up over her."

          A moment of silence passed before the response from the boss. "Is that so?"

          The driver nodded, a knowing look in his eye. "Yes, sir. I think I know how I can bring the Spider-guy down."

A/N: 7-12-18
Word count: 1430

*insert Superzoom Instagram filter audio*

Can we appreciate May's support of this ship? She wants them together sooo badly and I'm here for it

I'm actually very excited about the villain stance in this plot later. I'm really excited to you guys' reaction to my plans for them & for Pete and Kenz hahaha you're gonna hate me

Sorry this chapter is pretty short! I've got some majorly long ones on the way haha

~n.s.