You're Taller Than Him

Harry:

And it had never really bothered him; the way you’d tower over him in pictures, or the way he’d have to stand on the tips of his toes to steal a kiss. 

And it was because he didn’t care that it didn’t bother him. He wouldn’t care if you were three times the height of him, or half as tall as he; he loved you, and he always would.

 .

Liam:

And sometimes, you’d get a little upset about it; when someone would comment on it, or send you hate about it in that bitter way all haters did. 

And he’d convince you that it was okay – that he honestly didn’t mind the difference in height –, telling you that those few centimetres that you had on him were nothing, telling you that it didn’t matter; telling you that none of it mattered; least of all the rude comments you would receive on those rare occasions, by people who didn’t even know you.

 .

Zayn:

And he was quite tall himself, so it was surprising when he noticed the height difference – even if it was only a couple of centimetres. 

Nobody really noticed anyway, so it never really bothered either of you too much, but you would still always refuse to wear heels in public with him.

 .

Louis:

And he liked to joke about it sometimes; call you names and tease you on the rare occasion. 

And though he joked about it and teased you, – and in a way that suggested that he didn’t really mean it –, he left the topic alone, for the most part, because he knew that it was a touchy subject with you, and he’d hate to upset you.

 .

Niall:

And he was a little insecure about it, because it was no secret that he was the shortest in the band and he already looked small in photographs, when he stood beside his bandmates, and such. 

But standing next to you seemed to make him look even smaller. 

So he’d stand on his tip toes in pictures, and would wear higher soles in his shoes to give the illusion that you were both, in fact, of equal height.