Prologue

Falling in love is not a choice- commitment is a choice. It's a twist of fate. What is fate?

I never had a real happiness in my life. Everything was unexpected. What life brought to me was a curse- my life was a curse. And death? I'd love that. I've been wishing to die ever since I was a child, ever since mom and dad left me.

Death is like the sunset. It's the end of every journey but the beauty of endless dreams. And my life? It's miserable and would always be.

If ever I could have one chance to turn back time- to stop what was going to happen or even just have a glimpse and change my destiny in the book of life, I could have done good- better. And if I have that certain chance? I may not be me. I could have been someone else- someone famous or somebody who has everything.

Contentment. Love. Happiness. I didn't have anything. But nothing was permanent in this world except for change and my life changed since I met her.

I love her. She gave me everything. She made me complete. I was contented, I was in love and I was happy.

But...everything went wrong.

"God gave me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can and the wisdom to know the difference."

I was confined in the hospital several times. I had monthly check- ups and I took a lot of medicines. I still didn't know why God gave me this sickness. It made me unhappy for years. Even if I had her, I still felt the discontentment of being not healthy- of being sick.

"I'm sorry. Stop crying". Those words kept coming back in my mind. I've been lying on my bed for a couple of hours. I didn't go to work, I cancelled all my appointments and I called her to come over though she wasn't answering my calls since yesterday. I just left her a message that I was not feeling well.

I was staring at my window beside my bed when my eyes noticed the dusty, old picture of mom and dad, hanged on the wall. We were happy and everything was perfect. But I became alone when we met an accident 15 years ago and they both died; I survived. It was an agony.

A knock on the door brought to an end with the melancholy I was feeling. I was expecting her to come. I stood up and rushed to the door. But surprisingly, it wasn't her who came but a man whom I didn't recognize.

"Yes?" I asked.

My world began to crash as I listened to what the man was saying. It's like I was put to death and just went back when the man said goodbye and left me a parcel.

I sat down on my settee and opened the letter I received and read.

Luigi,

I hope you understand. I'm sorry I have to let you go.

I will marry Dave without hesitation and guilt in my heart. I want to spend the rest of my life with him and every single day of my existence. I hope you are happy for me. I will always love you as my extraordinary friend. You will always be my Bambi.

Now I have sent you a parcel. Inside that is something I should have given you before. Hope to see you soon at my wedding day. Be my best man, please?

Love,

Bea

|P.S. Thank you sparrowed for making the awesome cover of this book. It's just perfect.

She's very sweet, right? I love her too! Haha.

©BC |