Chapter 1

Adrien. pov

'Another tiring day' I thought as I open the door to my enormous bedroom to which I go and drop my book bag gently down and lay down in king size bed. To be famous would be anyone's dream, but I want to live everyday life without the crazy day to day schedule and being in a lonely mansion without anyone except for Plagg to keep me company. Of course, he only wants his stinky camembert to which I comply to after all he has saved me. I start thinking about how lucky I was to be chosen to wear and keep Paris safe with the cat miraculous and become the hero Cat noir fight along with m'lady, Ladybug. I smiled remembering the recent battle we had together, of course with us winning the match as usual, of course, we are the most potent duo of heroes out there. I scrolled through my phone while watching Plagg eat his Camembert happily. I then look up at the ceiling with a sigh as I reached out to grasp the empty void of air as I feel my heart shaking for this moment. The feeling isn't new of course; it feels like I'm missing something in life in those moments which appears almost daily. I placed my phone down and buried my face into my pillow after messaging Nathalie that I'll be missing dinner. With the tiredness of the day and the sleep welcomes into it's embraced as I fall into a dreamless sleep.

I was woken up by hands shaking me wake to which I tiredly opened my green eyes to see a dark figure looming over my body. As my eyes adjust to the darkness, I recognise my father's secretary, Nathalie in the dark. She seemed to have a slightly alarming expression on her as she stood up straight and quickly telling me that we have received an important call and must meet with the person immediately. I nod at her as she rushes out of the room, once out of sight I groaned as I turned my head to look at my phone on the bedside table to see it blasting the darkness with its light to which it displayed the time as 1:00 am. I blinked my eyes a couple more times to see if I'm reading the time wrong, to which I wasn't. I tiredly start to get ready with my mind filled with questions that needed answers. I quickly put my regular clothes on along with a fur jacket seeing as it was cold outside as it is winter here in Paris. As I go to open the door to my room, I was greeted by Nathalie who immediately grabbed my arm roughly and hastily started dragging me to the car to which was already worked up with the engine roaring and the air fogging up due to the heat of the car that is being released. I shiver slightly as I quickly made my way down the stairs outside towards the courtyard where the limousine was waiting. As I open the door, I was caught off guard at the sight I saw, my father sitting in the back seat with his arms crossed wearing his usual attire. I now know the importance of the meeting as usually he would appear virtually to a meeting through the iPad Nathalie has but to have him going to the meeting, physically is a rare sight to see. I was broken out of my thoughts with the cold wind blowing against me, reminding me that I should go into the car and not stay out in the cold. I went inside and shut the door behind me with a loud slam and then was welcomed by the car's warmth to which I sighed in relief. As soon as everyone was belted up, the vehicle speeded out of the courtyard and into the streets of Paris.