The Risk

Grimmauld Place was ahead of him. "Harry?"
Harry spun around "Professor Dumbledore what are you doing here?"
"You need to get back to the Burrow Harry. They need you. He needs you."
"W-What happened?"

"The Burrow is on fire."
"Take me to him-them, I mean."

Dumbledore smiled at him knowingly and the Apparated to The Burrow. Harry saw the house in flames, the Weasleys and Hermione evacuated... But where was Draco?

"Harry!" Hermione cried she hugged him.
"Where's Draco?"

"I- We don't know!-Oh Harry, please don't do what I think you're about to do!"

It was too late Harry went into the building, the house was in orange sparks- he couldn't see a thing he ran up the stairs-the smoke filled his nose, he checked every room-except for... the attic. Harry unlatched the ladder and climbed, to his horror he saw Draco unconscious and injured with a bleeding gash on his side, Harry picked him up and got him out of the house "you came back," Draco whispered.
"Of course I came back."

Draco grabbed his bleeding side "who did this to you?"
Draco pointed to the Weasleys "No, they couldn't... They didn't-"
Ginny pulls out a dagger, with tears and shuffles her feet.
"I'm, sorry Harry. I didn't want anyone in the way-"
"You're selfish- you know that?"
"I know, I'm sorry-"
"NO! YOU COULD BE GUILTY OF MURDERING AN INNOCENT PERSON!"
"HE ISN'T INNOCENT- HE'S A DEATH EATER!"
"HE'S CHANGED, WEASLEY! I SEEN IT! WHY CAN'T YOU?"

2 WEEKS LATER:

IN ST. MUNGO'S-5.78pm- 

Harry paced around the reception. Dark thoughts clenched in his mind growing deeper and deeper, he clenched his fist and sighed. He turned to see Ron and Hermione who were the only ones, who agreed to come with him. "Harry," Ron said "calm down. They said five more minutes."
"I can't wait that long!"
"Harry, listen we know you're anxious... But can you please calm down? We just got here an hour ago!"
"You're right," Harry replied, taking a seat next to Ron.

A Nurse came out of the Severe Cuts and Wounds Ward, holding a clipboard "you can enter now."

His heart beat fast. Was he excited? Nervous? They haven't seen each other in two weeks-which felt like 2 Years to Harry. As they went in, Draco was lying down on the bed peacefully. He slowly turned with a pale face to them. "Hey, Harry."
"How-How are you?"

"I'm fine. But in tomorrow I'll be moved to a wheelchair so I can still take classes at Hogwarts."
Harry looked at where Ginny stabbed him. Draco coughed.

Harry held his hand. Doctor Rinn came he shook his head and looked sorrowful "I'm sorry, Draco, but you'll have to have surgery. According to the X-Rays, you'll need a hip replacement."
"What's the cost?" Narcissa said, coming down the hall to reach her son.

"Ah, Mr and Mrs Malfoy. The surgery will be 37 Galleons..."
"Oh, Draco..." Mrs Malfoy said with tears welling up in her eyes "but... who'll be brave enough to sacrifice their hip?"
"Well, we'll wait and see. Marshal, take Draco's bed to the Cafeteria, please."

Draco's bed apparated to the 2nd floor. Harry thought. No, he couldn't... But he should.
"I'll do it."

"What?"
"I'll sacrifice my hip for Draco. Even if it means I'll die. I'll do anything to keep him going."
"Well, the surgery is in two weeks. Then he'll use the wheelchair-but are you sure about this Mr Potter?"
"I'm positive."

Hermione and Ron looked at him like he was going mad. "Harry! No!" Hermione cried "don't do this to prove to Ginny that you love-"
"This isn't about proving anything!"
"Then why? Why would you-"

"Like I said. I love him and I'll do anything to keep him alive. Even if it means I die."

Was he willing to do this?

He will.
He has to.
For him.