Chapter 3: Take Over

Start from the beginning

As it goes on, Jordyn hugged him and he hugged her back. And then the vision started to zap into another moment he never saw before. It was him kissing Jordyn on the lips while they cuddled on his bed in his room while being happy. When the vision zapped back to when he was hugging Jordyn beside the Tree of Life, he was crying. Then he suddenly awakened in tears and sweat.

"Jordyn," he uttered in disbelief. "I kissed Jordyn," he thought to himself, "How did it happen? I never have kissed Jordyn in my life. Is this a vision of the future?" He was so tired and confused so he went back to sleep. And again, he dreamt of Brighton leaving him once again. He thinks that these recurring nightmares is getting out of hand. "Enough!!!" he shouted in his dream. Then Brighton in his dream stopped walking away and then she turned back and walked towards him.

Carson was again seeing the memories of Jordyn hugging him beside the Tree of Life while he's crying then the vision zapping into the scene where he's kissing Jordyn on the lips while he's happy, and then back again at when Jordyn was hugging him beside the Tree of Life while he's crying again.

"I want out of this nightmare!" said Carson in this new dream sequence. "This is all your fault!" replied Brighton. "Just stop this, please!" said Carson. "You did this...it was you Carson," as Brighton's voice started to turn into a deep fell voice. "Brighton?" uttered the now scared Carson.

"I'm not Brighton," she replied as she turned into a terrifying monster with black charcoal peeling skin, red eyes, big mouth full of sharp teeth, "I'm the timeline you deleted!!!" It then tried to attack Carson by pouncing on him but Jordyn with the shining light of the morning sun suddenly appeared and blasted the monster out of existence.

"Jordyn," said Carson, "Thanks for coming, it really means a lot." "I'm not Jordyn," she replied, "I'm the new timeline." She put her hand on Carson's head and said: "Be at peace Carson, you won't be having these nightmares anymore."

Carson woke up and it was still dark, but this time he wasn't stressed anymore, so he went back home and slept up to noon time.

-

"Carson, wake up," said Diane. "Mom?" he uttered. "You have a schedule on the studio with Jordyn this afternoon," she said.

In the studio, they recorded the song "Take Over." It featured Jordyn who had rap parts of the song. Upon finishing their recording, they were both so excited to have it released and to have a new music video.

Carson felt a lot better since he woke up the other night from the Tree of Life. It's like he just dropped off a heavy burden.

Carson and Brighton were still contacting each other by text and call. Even though Carson and Jordyn were busy performing "Take Over" at events and gigs, the two would still communicate.

-

In Spokane, on his birthday, Carson covered a live acoustic version of Nico and Vinz' hit song "Am I Wrong." It's his gift for the Luedizers and secretly for Brighton who's far away from him.

-

A few months passed and Nayip came to direct Carson and Jordyn's new single, "Take Over." Their good friend Sean Lew was one of the boy dancers in the music video. It became another original hit since "Beautiful" and to the fan's excitement seeing Jordyn with Carson in their third music video together.

-

A few months later in LA, Jordyn was with Carson on his bed watching the Walking Dead season 5. Carson fell asleep and dreamt of him and Jordyn sitting beside the Tree of Life while hugging each other. This time he's not crying, and in fact, they're both happy smiling.

Then suddenly, Carson woke up on a side view position facing Jordyn. "Jordyn?" he uttered "Hey Cars, you fell asleep," she replied. Carson didn't reply and simply stared at Jordyn with sweet sleepy eyes. Jordyn on the other hand already has a crush on Carson so she stared back in love.

They slowly started to touch each other's faces and they slowly kissed on the lips. And then they cuddled while still kissing each other. Suddenly, Carson remembered the vision back in his dreams where he's kissing Jordyn on her lips while cuddling on his bed. "It was a vision of the future!" he thought to himself.

He wondered if the new timeline was telling him to have a relationship with Jordyn instead of Brighton. For him, it's not a bad idea, but the fact that he still loves Brighton, it would be kinda hard...or is it?

As they were making out, Carson's phone vibrated many times. It was Brighton's several text messages. And then Brighton tried to call. But Carson was already in pleasure while making out with Jordyn so he ignored Brighton's several calls that night. Carson and Jordyn would coincidentally make out at the same time when Brighton would usually call. Carson would continue to ignore Brighton's calls throughout the week.

Carson would rarely text Brighton, and although he would apologize for not being able to speak with her, it seemed to her that it was just made up and not really sincere. But Brighton gave him one last chance. One night she called and coincidentally, they were making out again. And as usual, Carson ignored her call. So Brighton sent a long text saying that they are going nowhere so she's not talking to him again. Carson was already having fun with Jordyn so why would he still need Brighton?

-

One night, Carson was having a dream where Jordyn was kissing a tall Hispanic boy in the park. He was kinda mad so he ran towards them, but he was suddenly taken to the Tree of Life where he saw Brighton crying while sitting on a rock.

"Brighton, what's wrong?" he asked. "Get away from me Carson," she said, "You broke my heart." "Wait, but this is just a dream," he replied. "I know everything," she said, "You can't afford to wait for me. When we grow up a little bit, we're supposed to be together." "Brighton, I'm so sorry," he said, "I can't help it..." "Enough!!!" she screamed as Carson woke up sweating in the early morning just before dawn. "Here we go again with these dreams," sighed Carson, "What is it again???"

Full of guilt, Carson tried contacting Brighton once again later that morning. But she never responded and even blocked Carson's number. Carson was scheduled to another recording session that afternoon. Now he knows what song to write. He got his notebook and wrote the title, "Bae Back."