After The Show

Brantleys POV

I walked off the stage after an encore grinning like a fool. I could not shake the sight of the raven haired beauty with the chocolate brown eyes that had walked in with Ben before we took the stage. My eyes the whole night hadn't strayed far from her. She was knock your socks off stunning without even trying. I'd had to hide behind my guitar a time or two on stage thinking about those long legs of hers.

Jesus, they took my breath away just in a pair of tight jeans. I took a long drink of the beer that had been handed to me as I walked off stage and looked around for her. So, she was Ben's cousin that was like a sister to him. I knew I probably shouldn't cross that line but I'll be damned, I had to know her. I stopped in my tracks and frowned for a moment at a realization.

Since laying eyes on her backstage, I'd only had a few shots of whiskey with the guys and a couple of beers throughout our set. I hadn't even thought about Amber or taking a pill at all. Damn, who was this girl and why did I feel like I was hooked. All I did was shake her damn hand. Ok, ok, I flirted while I was on stage and sang to her. Nope, not happening. I may flirt a little and see if I can take it to more. But other than a night, shit that was it.

Ben gave me a wink as he walked by twirling a drum stick in his hand before making a beeline to the blonde in a short skirt he had been talking to before the show. Jesse clapped me on the shoulder as he walked by to grab a beer and take a seat. I knew we were due to get back on the road tomorrow. Think the next show was somewhere in Texas. I'd have to check with Jeff.

I ran a hand down my face then took another pull from my beer. I reached up to turn my hat around backwards scanning the room a little disappointed. Hmmm...... I guess she left. Dammit. Then I noticed PJ walking in out of the corner of my eye and couldnt help the wide grin that spread across my lips as I noticed Cassie trailing behind him.

She glanced over at Ben, who was grinning down at the big boobed blonde and rolled her eyes. Then she looked over and locked eyes with me as a small smile formed on her pink lips. I threw my shoulders back and puffed my chest out a little bit and strode over to her.

"Hey," I said stopping in front of her. She pushed a dark strand of hair behind her ear and gave me a smile.

"Hey yourself," she said back with a laugh. She shifted on her feet a little and licked her lips. Oh, fuck me. I wanted nothing more than to lick them for her. I must have been staring because the next thing I knew she was snapping her fingers in front of my face laughing. "Earth to BG! Come in BG!"

I shook my head and was glad the light in the room wasn't all that bright because I could feel my cheeks grow a little pink. What the hell! I haven't blushed over a girl since high school!

"Umm....." I mumbled trying to get a grip on myself as her brown eyes twinkled with laughter. "Can I get you anything to drink?"

"No," she said giving me a soft smile. "I'm good, but thank you though. I have to head to the airport later. Ben said y'all are headed to Texas next?"

"Yea," I said pointing towards a corner of the room and placing a hand on the small of her back to get to follow me. "I think we are getting on the road around two tomorrow afternoon."

"Ah lucky you," Cassie said turning to lean her back against the wall looking up at me. "Ben had sent me your CD's and I've listened to a few songs. I did hear a couple tonight I'm familiar with that have been on the radio."

"Really?" I asked leaning my shoulder against the wall and facing her. "Which ones were those?"

"Dirt Road Anthem" and "My Kinda Party", she said crossing her arms across her t-shirt covered chest. I was trying really hard to not try and get a good judge at what was lying underneath CASH. "I know Jason Aldean put those out. You did a really good cover of them."

I couldn't help the cocky smirk that spread across my lips but dialed it down as I leaned closer to her.
"Darlin, those weren't covers. I have been singing both of those songs for a while. I cowrote "Dirt Road Anthem" and wrote "My Kinda Party".

"Well aren't you just a man of many talents," Cassie said with the sexiest damn giggle I have ever heard and gave me a grin. "Nice job there".

"Well thank ya mam," I said thickening my Georgia drawl even more. "That I am. So where are you from?"

"Here in Athens," she said. "But I travel a lot. How about you?"

"I grew up in Jefferson," I said taking a drink of my beer. "Right now, I'm either on a bus or back and forth between there and Nashville."

"Hey BG!" a voice calls from across the room. I turned my head slightly to look over at a brunette and two of her other friends talking to John. "The girls here want to know..boxers or briefs?"

I gave Cassie a slight grin as she shook her head and laughed. "Notttthhhhiiinnnnnn....." I replied earning a squeal from the three girls. I turned my head to look back down at Cassie and gave her a wink as I leaned forward to whisper close to her ear. I got a wiff of her perfume and stifled a groan. She smelled so damn good. "I'd be glad to show you I'm not lying darlin."

She snorted and placed a small hand into the middle of my chest pushing me back slightly with a grin as she patted. "I'll take your word for it hotshot."

"You sure darlin," I said softly staring down at her and pushing against her hand slightly. I felt her nails dig into my t-shirt grazing my chest and my jeans started to feel a little tight. Hell, what would it be like if I actually got my hands on her. I broke my eyes away from hers as she licked her pink lips again. I just wanted one taste.

"Yep," Cassie said quietly then glancing at her watch. "I am sure. I've got to be going soon anyhow. Catching the red eye to LA."

"Oh," I said softly looking down at my boots to hide my disappointment. Yes, I wanted to get in her pants. I won't lie about that but I was enjoying talking to her too. It was just something about her. "What is it that you do? Still in college huh?"

"Nope," she said shaking her head and stepping a little closer to me. "I guess you will just have to wonder. I've really got to get going Brantley. It was really great to meet you. Was a hell of a show."

She gave my arm a squeeze then stepped around me, her eyes searching the room. I looked around to and noticed Ben and the blonde were nowhere in sight.

"I'll tell him you said bye," I said as she turned her head back to look at me.

"Thanks BG," she murmured and went to walk away. I grabbed her hand to tug her back spinning her around and pushing her back against the wall making her gasp. I glanced into her deep brown eyes for a half a second before lowering my head to brush my lips against her soft ones. I just had to have one taste.

And that one taste right there set my senses on fire. I dropped my empty beer bottle on the floor beside me and tunneled both big hands into her long hair deepening the kiss. Cassie reached her hands up to grip my wrists as I heard a soft moan from her. I was cocked back and ready to go off just one kiss.

I slid my right hand down to grip her hip pulling her closer to me and she kissed me back before pulling her head away. She sucked in a deep breath as she looked up into my eyes. I could see the want there. There had to be other flights. What was stopping her?

"Brantley," she whispered holding a hand up to stop me as I lowered my head to kiss her again. "I've really got to go. I'm sorry."

I bit my lip and tried to hide my disappointment as she gave me a quick hug and darted around me.

"Can I at least have your number?" I asked making her stop mid step. She turned to look at me over her shoulder and gave me a sweet smile followed by a wink.

"Well," she said with a quiet laugh. "If you want it bad enough I guess you can figure it out. See ya later hotshot."

Then with what seemed like a blink she was gone. I reached up to rub my thumb across my lips where I could still taste her before grumbling and going in search of a bottle of Jack. I fell asleep later that night with the vision of a smiling raven haired beauty in my mind.

I'm Comin Overजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें