Chapter I

A few years later.

The smell of cupcakes and sweet treats filled the air that morning. Oliver walked into a small bedroom attached to the bakery, he was holding a single cupcake with a single candle.

"Good Morning my little sugarplum!"

Oliver stood at the edge of the blue bed, smiling, and waited for some kind of response to his over the top morning routine. The bed covers started to ruffle around and uncovered a small boy with tanned skin and deep red, messy hair. He smiled and jumped out of bed.

"Oliver. Oliver! Can you guess how old I am today!?"

Oliver giggled at the boy's excitement.

"I can but do you know how old you are today, Allen?"

Allen furrowed his eyebrows and started to count on his fingers. After a few moments he held up six fingers.

"I am THIS many!"

"That's right. Here, love, blow out your candle."

Allen inhaled very deeply, blew the candle out, and closed his eyes tightly.

"Are you going to tell me what you wished for Allen?"

Allen scrunched his nose and smiled widely.

"Not this year. If I tell you now it might not come true."

Oliver smiled at the small boy in front of him.

"Well then, love, best save that for another year then. Hurry up and get dressed if you want to help me in the bakery today."

Allen's eyes lit up with excitement and he flashed a smile to Oliver.

"Am I really old enough to help you make treats now?"

Oliver tilted his head, smiled at Allen, and nodded his head. Allen beamed with delight. Quickly, Allen ran into his closet tossing clothes until he found his favorite gray hoodie and black jeans. He brushed his hair and looked at Oliver with pride and self accomplishment. Oliver giggled wildly, Allen tilted his head and furrowed his eyebrows.

"Oliver? Is something wrong? Are you sick?" Allen walked over to Oliver and placed a hand over his forehead with a worried look.

"No, love, I am perfectly fine. It's just your pants are on backwards and your hoodie is inside out."

Allen blushed and looked away, clearly flustered. Oliver smiled and helped Allen put his clothes on correctly.

"Come along, Sugarplum. We must hurry before customers come to the bakery."

Allen nodded and grabbed ahold of Oliver's hand, jumping and humming as they walked into the bright room that was the bakery.

After hours of cooking Allen began to feel very tired, so much so that he fell asleep while decorating a cake. He loved to cook with Oliver, who he loved so very much. Oliver picked up the sleeping boy from the table and carried him to the bedroom. Laying the boy on his bed Oliver covered Allen with the blanket and brushed the hair from Allen's face.

"Good night, my dear Sugarplum. I will always love you."

Oliver smiled and kissed the sleeping Allen's forehead. Turning off the lights Oliver left the room and closed up the small bakery for the night.

.

The next day, once again, Allen was helping Oliver with the bakery. He watched at how skillfully Oliver iced the cupcakes. Oliver noticed the boys fascination.

"Do you like watching me ice them?"

Allen looked at Oliver and smiled wildly, shaking his head. Turning back to the cupcakes Oliver finished the last of the icing. He clicked his tongue and slightly shook his head.

"Now this just wont do."

Allen cocked his head.

"What's wrong Oliver?"

"I'm all out of icing. I must go make some more before the customer comes to get the cupcakes."

Just as Oliver left the room the familiar sound of the door bell rang. Allen stared at a boy who looked the same age as him walk through the door. Allen peered over the counter as he watched the strange boy look around and touch everything. The strange boy saw Allen and walked over to the counter. Allen sank down to the floor as the boy approached.

"Is this Dazzling Desserts?"

Allen popped up and the boy stepped back. Allen furrowed his eyebrows, clearly not liking the boy already.

"Depends. Why do you want to know?"

"I just do. Is there a law saying I can't know?"

Allen quickly stood up and clenched his fists. He did not like the way this kid talked like he new everything.

"Before I tell you anything at least tell me your name."

The boy crossed his arms and furrowed his eyebrows, seeming to be thinking.

"Alright. If I tell you my name then I want awnsers. Deal?"

Allen unclenched his fists and stared in the boys violet eyes. "Fine. Deal."

"First off my name is Matt and I want to know if this is the place Im supposed to be at."

"The bakery's name is Dazzling Desserts."

Matt huffed through his nose and looked at Allen.

"Im going to guess and say your name is Allen?"

Allen's eyes widened in surprise. How did this stranger know his name?

"Who are you?"

Matt walked to the door and opened it. He grinned as he left the bakery, leaving Allen to wander alone in the silence.