The 40 Watt Club

2010

Cassie's POV

"Benjamin Sims," I growled into my phone as my cousin's phone went to voicemail......again. I tapped my foot on the concrete sidewalk by the back door of the 40 Watt Club in Athens. I shook my dark hair out of my face.

" If you don't answer this damn phone I'm going to break your nose once I see you. Come let me in!"

I jumped a second later as I heard the back door open and I ended the called. I whirled around to see my cousin standing there with a sheepish look on his face. He shoved his hands in his pockets looking like a little boy who knew he was in trouble instead of several years older than me. I put my hands on my jean clad hips and glared at him.

"Ben!" I snapped stalking over to him. "I've been trying to get a hold of you for twenty minutes. You're the one who wanted me to come to this show."

"I know Cass," he said stepping forward to wrap me in a hug. "I got caught up."

"Flirting probably, "I said pinching his side making him yelp.

"OUCH Cass!" Ben cried out. "Fine, guilty. I was being BG's wingman."

"Please, from what you've told me that man has no problem finding a woman," I muttered pushing him in the door. " I figure the man gets more ass than a toilet seat."

I heard Ben laugh as I followed him further into the backstage part of the club. He'd been on tour so much the last year or so with one of his buddies, who was gaining a name for himself in country music, that I had hardly seen him.

We walked into what would be termed as the green room and I looked around at the group of guys assembled. Ben introduced me to them and I smiled. Ben pulled his drum sticks out of his back pocket and spun one around in his fingers then pointed it at me.

"Thanks for coming Cass," he said with a grin. "Means a lot. I know you are gonna have a blast."

"I'm sure I will Ben," I said returning his grin then laughed at him glaring at me as I tried to reach up and ruffle his mow hawk.

"Dammit," he grumbled reaching up to make sure it was straight. "Don't mess my do up."

I saw the tall man, who was obviously security look at his watch and shake his head.

"Jesse," he called across the room. "Where the hell is he?"

"Quit ya bitching PJ!" I heard answered as a tall guy with a black hat pulled low shuffled past me. He had a tray of shots in his hand and was wearing a wide grin. He made a circle around the guys passing out shots.

He paused in front of me and I blinked as I looked into the sexiest pair of green eyes I had ever seen. I couldn't help but bite my lip at the wide grin that spread across his face.

"Well hello there darlin," he said grinning. I took in the tight black t-shirt, ripped up jeans, chains and boots. He had biker rings on his fingers. So, this is who Ben had been telling me had been termed as the "bad boy of country music".

He switched the tray to one hand and held out a big hand to me. I lifted mine up to shake it and I heard Ben growl beside me when he lifted my hand up to place a soft kiss on the back of my knuckles. Im Brantley. "And who is this lovely angel standing in front of me?"

"Off limits," Ben said pointing a drumstick at him as he passed me a shot to toss back. I took the shot with a wide grin. Ben sighed after I kicked his shin. I was twenty-three years old for crying out loud not a little kid anymore. "BG this is my cousin Cassie. Cass, this is BG."