Chapter 1: Captive

Written: January 4, 2012

Chapter 1 

Captive

"You will be overwhelmed with Deena's 17th birthday party tomorrow night!" Hazel reassured Lanne.

"I'm not really that kind of a party girl." Lanne said while browsing some of Hazel's magazines in Hazel's bedroom.

"That's why I invited you to my house for sleepover, I have a lot to tell you about the party and Deena of course." Hazel was holding the dress she is gonna wear in the party.

"Oh right, where is Felicia?" Lanne asked as she closed the magazine, just then the doorbell rang.

"Speaking of Felicia, she's here!" Hazel put down the dress and got out of her room to the door, passing by his older brother, Chris' room.

"Hazel, go get the door!" Chris instructed.

"I'm heading to the door already." Hazel reached the door and opened it. Felicia stood outside smiling.

"You're late!" Hazel told Felicia.

"Oh, hey! I'm sorry." Felicia stepped inside Hazel's house. "There was this something I saw outside your house." Felicia walked and went inside Hazel's room.

"Hey, Felicia! You're late huh." Lanne exclaimed after Felicia got inside the room. Hazel followed and went inside, too.

"What was outside my house?" Hazel asked.

"I know I've been making up stories to scare the both of you, but a while ago, I saw it!" Felicia went serious.

"You saw what?" Hazel sat down in her chair, curious.

"A man was following me." Felicia said slowly.

"Did you see his face?" Lanne asked.

"Not really, he was wearing a coat and his head was covered with hood." Felicia walked toward the window. "Just like that!" Felicia exclaimed, pointing outside the window. Lanne got up and went to the window. "Oh my gosh!" Lanne exclaimed. it was dark outside, a windy night, the suspicious man in coat and hood was looking toward the window. Lanne pulled Felicia away from the window.

"What? What's out there?" Hazel asked furiously.

The weird guy standing out there that Felicia is talking about!" Lanne said with fear. Hazel stood up from her seat and went to the window, she saw nothing upside from the 2nd floor.

"What the hell?! I don't see any man out there." Hazel said, Felicia went to look again.

"He's gone." Felicia said, shocked.

"What?! He was just standing there watching us." Lanne said, surprised.

"You guys are crazy." Hazel smiled. "You thought I'm gonna fall for that?"

"We're serious, trust me." Lanne said. Hazel looked at their faces with fear.

After the "suspicious man" incident that night, the girls went to sleep and woke up early the next morning. It was a sunny day, although a little windy. It was a good weather.

"This is going to be a good, good day!" Lanne said, she was reading something from her phone while combing her hair.

"What made your day so good?" Hazel asked.

"It was Maverick." Lanne exclaimed with joy in her face.

"Oh right, Rick." Felicia reacted. Lanne giggled and continued texting.