Chapter 4: Secrets

Written: January 29, 2012

Chapter 4

Secrets

"Lanne!" Hazel said as soon as the phone dropped on the floor. "This isn't happening. This is just trauma." Hazel tried to comfort herself. She closed her eyes and knocked her head repeatedly. Hazel looked again, Lanne is still in the mirror holding her phone speaking words she couldn't possibly hear nor understand.

Lanne banged the mirror from the other side of the mirror. Hazel was shocked as she felt the force from the mirror. She realized Lanne was telling her to pick up the phone. Hazel finally picked up the phone from the bathroom floor.

"Lanne." Hazel spoke to the phone as she observed Lanne in the mirror.

"Hazel!" Hazel heard Lanne's voice and it completely matched the actions of Lanne who was in mirror. Lanne displayed a slight smile as soon as she heard Hazel's voice.

"It's really you!" Hazel said relieved, still amazed.

"Yes, Hazel."

"But how? How did you get inside that mirror?"

"It's a secret actually." Lanne winked. "But I have something important to tell you."

"What secret? What is it?" Hazel replied confused.

"Someone, a very very dangerous person is after Felicia, Rick and you. You have to stay together and live without me. I'm a very big threat to this person."

"What? Live without you?" Hazel raised her voice. "Is this person R.E.X.?" Hazel asked desperately.

"I really can't tell but something bad shall happen. This person have already set his plans against the three of you and if you guys put other people into this, they'll be in danger, too." Lanne warned.

"What are you talking 'bout?" Hazel asked. "What happened to you, aren't you coming back?"

"Tell this to Felicia and Rick and tell them I love them. Your lives are in great danger." Lanne continued to warn them.

Suddenly, Hazel could see Lanne disappearing inside the mirror, her whole existence was fading. Hazel panicked, she walked toward the mirror.

"No, Lanne don't leave!" Hazel cried. Lanne was fading already. Before she completely disappeared she showed a sad smile. Hazel's reflection started to appearing in the mirror, she was crying.

It was very realistic, to her that was the only chance to talk to Lanne and to ask her everything she had in mind. Hazel checked her wireless phone, and she pressed the button for the previous conversation that was being recorded.

"Hello." It was Hazel's voice. "Hazee." Pronounced Lanne. "Lanne." Hazel's voice said. She reviewed the whole conversation. "It's real, it wasn't my trauma." She whispered to herself. She couldn't sleep that very night. All she had in mind was Lanne's warning about this dangerous person. She also waited for Selina to come, hoping that the picture would explain the disappearance of Lanne. Unluckily, Selina didn't show up.

It was raining hard that very next day, it was Tuesday. Rick drove Hazel to school. As soon as they reached school, they went to meet up with Felicia. Rick and Hazel walked toward the hallway, Howard was there together with Melvin. Felicia was chatting with Elsa Prescott, another cousin of Hazel Prescott. Elsa is also the twin sister of Melvin. Felicia and Elsa were also with Cecile.

Rick and Hazel walked together side by side but then Melvin pulled Rick to stop and Hazel continued walking.

"What's with the two of you?" Melvin asked. Howard watched them both talking.

The Other Side SecretsOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara