Chapter 8: The Human World

Pyro and I sat down on the couch.

"The portal to the human world is about to open tomorrow." He said while looking at me. Oh. So I can return home then.

"Actually, you can't return back for a long time. You'll have a total of 15 days to fulfill the task that was assigned to you." He explained.

"Right. I almost forgot that I'm the Ladder of the Souls. So what is this thing that I have to do?" I asked him.

"In your school there is a soul. It is a black one. It will be your duty to make them white and go to purgatory as a pure soul." "Don't worry though; I will be with you as you are in the human world. The humans will think that I was just a normal student already enrolled there at the same time as you." He explained further.

I nodded in response. "How do I do that again?" I asked. I don't really know what to do.

"You'll know it when you get there." He said and smiled. "I have to leave now. I left some food in your kitchen. See you tomorrow Milady." He said and left while closing the door.

I looked at the ceiling. "I don't even know anymore." I sighed. I'm still wondering why a simple girl like me is caught up in this.

When dinner came I made something out of all ingredients that Pyro brought and ate it for dinner.

I fell asleep while looking at the sky that was shining bright.

I woke up at about 6 am and did the same thing but before I could get suit up for my uniform, someone knocked at the door. I opened it and saw Lynx. He was in his casual attire.

"Why are you not in your uniform?" I asked him out if curiosity. "They announced that we should wear casual clothes for today because we will go to the human world right?" He said rather confused why I sound like I didn't know it.

Looks like Pyro forgot to tell me. "I'll get dressed up." I said and quickly wore my jeans and t shirt. "Let's go?" I said to Lynx after I had finished suiting up. He nodded in response and we walked on our way to school.

The person on the gate led us to the Hall of Bountiful Harvest where all the other students are. I guess this is where the portal will appear.

"Alright settle down people." Someone said. The person flew towards the front. It was a fairy which is in the size of a human.

"As you all know, today the portal to the human world shall be opened. You all have been informed of the rules that that was said earlier. I hope that all of you will return safely back to this realm after 15 days along with the other people." She said and spread hundreds of snowflakes in the air. The snowflakes fall into us and after it touched our skin we started to feel like all the negative feelings were gone in an instant.

I saw Pyro and the rest of the zodiac signs on top of floating tables. They seemed to notice me and smiled at me. I looked back at the center and so did the others. The portal is about to open. We can see the world were we all were born at. The light and the noise of normal people.

"Hold your teleportation gems everyone." We obeyed what the fairy said and held unto our gems. Light devoured our sight slowly and we felt the ground disappearing from our feet.

I opened my eyes and saw that I was in my room. My room in the human world.

I heard a knock on the door. "Sweetie you're breakfast is ready. Are you done already?" I heard dad. I really am in my home again.

"Almost done dad." I said and quickly wore the uniform that I wore in school. I went down stairs and had breakfast with dad. I smiled and said bye to dad after I finished eating.

I was walking on the way to school when I saw Lynx's back. He was wearing the same uniform as mine and was also going the same way.

"Lynx!" I shouted. He looked at me with shocked face then soon turned into a smile.

"Iesha! I didn't know you were also enrolled here!" He said.

We went on our way to school and we figured out that we are at the same grade but on different sections. I entered my classroom and saw Pyro who was sitting beside the sit I always at on.

"Hey Iesha." He said. I suddenly heard a voice in my head. 'Please do allow me to call you that while in here because normal people will notice'. I nodded in response.

I was about to approach him when a girl suddenly went in front of him. It was the muse, Victoria's friend. I wonder where Victoria is. I haven't seen her yet.

"Hey Pyro, darling do you want to date later?" She said in the most flirting voice she could have ever done in her whole life. Just hearing that voice makes me shiver in disgust.

"Sorry miss but I have other things to do." He said without even looking at her. She looked shocked when Pyro just refused her offer. She walked away and I noticed Pyro was looking at her. He looked at me. "I think I know who the black soul will be." He said which made me confused.

We had classes as usual and as usual people keep on bullying me but when the bullying was being too harsh already Pyro tries to save me. I went to the comfort room to somehow lessen my shock on what is happening. I still can't believe this is happening to me. I guess this shock won't fade since everyday something new and peculiar happens to me.

I suddenly heard a faint cry inside the comfort room. I felt cold when I saw that there wasn't anyone else. All the cubicles were open and I can see the whole bathroom from where I'm standing.

I got scared so I went outside. I bumped into a boy on the hallway and saw that it was Pyro.

"I guess you have already encountered the soul." He said while his eyes were glued onto the girls comfort room.

We continued to have classes and then Pyro left as I went home.

"Iesha!" I heard Lynx's voice. He was leaning on a wall. He smiled "Let's go home together?" I nodded since it's almost dark already.

We parted ways on a two way road. It seems that he lives in the next neighborhood to ours.

I went home safely and fell asleep.