{4} Rewritten

An hour passed like seconds, my hormones were out of the cage. I cursed at myself for everything, blaming everything on myself. Before I knew it, we were in the shaggen wagon and on our way to pick up our last friend, Baywatch.

"I still can't believe you invited him. I have a feeling once he hangs out with you for a maximum of twenty-four hours, he will be running for the hills," Megan says as she loops arms with Conner, making everyone look at the two.

"And why would you say that?" I ask as Conner scoffs.

"Artemis, you have a tendency to change your personality around others. And I'm sure that we can all agree, your bitchy side comes out around us while your an angel around strangers," I stomp on the breaks before unclipping my seat belt and ready to pounce on Conner, but I'm held back by Dick.

"I hate to say it but you do Artemis, you tent to lure people in and squish them," I sit back into the driver seat and pedal to the metal, the tire squeal as we arrive at Wally's house.

I watch as the house door opens revealing a very messy and hot, may I mention, Wally, holding a backpack in one hand while a bag of chips in the other. Dick hops out of the passenger seat and holds the car door open for him, saying a quick thanks before taking a seat.

"Hey, Arty."

"Don't say anything to her Wally, shes in one of her moods right now and I'd suggest you leave the animal alone," Conner says from the back seat making the car speed up, showing Artemis' response.

"Should I ask why?" He carefully asks as Dick shakes his head.

"Don't, she may have the urge to attack you or kiss you who knows- ouch!" A loud thump is heard as Zatanna's hand connects with Dicks' forearm.

"Can you guys shut up? Or I'm going to attack all of you," I threaten as the car becomes quiet, I turn up the music as it fills up the silence in the car.

'I'm holding on your rope

Got me ten feet off the ground'

'And I'm hearing what you say, but I just can't make a sound'

'You tell me that you need me

Then you go and cut me down, but wait'

'You tell me that you're sorry

Didn't think I'd turn around, and say '

Megan begins mumbling the lyrics, while Dick begins nodding his head to the beat. My grip tightens on the steering wheel as my thoughts drift to my mother.

She was a beautiful lady, her ebony black hair was a gift for everyone to see. My mother was the best mother, always wanting to put a smile on her children's face. But yet she marries the man who broke are happiness and kobed it down into the box of disappointment

My step-father was a drug dealer, but of course, how would my mom know that the man of her dreams was a cold-blooded murderer.

I could feel the tears trying to escape the brim of my eyes before I quickly wipe them, keeping my eyes on the road before a hand is placed on my knee.

"It's going to be okay, I... I don't know what you're going through right now but I want you to know I'm here beside you," I give him a smile before grabbing his hand as holding it for support, mental support for one thing and just because I want to.

Three hours of screaming and arguing finally comes to an end once we arrive at the cabin, a beautiful log cabin stands in the middle of nowhere. My hand still in Wallys as we grab our bags and begin walking into the cabin, the layout was simple. The living room and kitchen was placed on the main floor with a hallway leading to four rooms.

The second level was a gaming area, with a pool table, foosball and ping pong. We all went out ways and looked throughout the cabin, the backyard held a pool and a hot tub.... even though there's a lake right behind it.

"How did you get this for us?" He sneaks up beside me as we stand in awe watching the water, our own privet beach was nice for a change.

"It's my parents, they allowed me to have it for a week with my friends," I explain as he nods, grabbing my empty hand again and leading me back into the cabin.

"Artemis! This cabin is amazing, now let us get to the beach!" Megan throws her things onto the ground and runs to the beach, I watch as Conner shakes his head with a smile planted on his face before everyone starts following her.

I stand in the living room and watch everyone file out of the door, leaving Dick and I in silence.

"You're being awfully quiet."

"My father escaped prison Dick and is probably out to get me," I explain as he wraps me in a tight hug, he doesn't have to say anything to make me feel safe. "Thank you, don't say anything to the others please," I plead as he nods.

"I won't but can you at least try to get your mind off of him? Have some fun," He pulls me out of the cabin towards the beach as I find the others already swimming, I let go of his hand as I take off my shirt and shorts to reveal my black boring bathing suit.

Placing my towel on the sand and walking towards the others.

"Look who decided to join us, nice of you to stop by Dick," Zatanna says as I roll my eyes in response, taking a pool noodle and sinking into the water as I listen to everyone's conversations.

"Did you hear that Emily is having a baby?" Megan asks as Zee gasps.

"No way! I heard that she's been fucking Richard Grayson and I also heard that he has an STD," She says in a whisper as Dick quickly jumps on her and pulls her under the water, everyone laughs as they come up as both of there lips are devouring each other.

"Gross," I mumble as Wally laughs as he moves closer to me, wrapping an arm around my waist and pulling my body to his damp chest.

"You think that's funny huh? How would it feel if it was us under the water," The closer he moves towards me as I want to take a step back, but I'm stopped as he pulls me down.

I release a small scream as his soft lips connect with mine and begin taking the reins of my emotions. I begin to lose breath as I move to go up but he kisses me again, making me groan as I push him away and move up.

"Wasn't I giving you the air you needed?" He asks as I swipe my hand across the water allowing me to splash the water onto Wally's face.

"The air you were giving me was toxic waste, it was clogging my lungs."