A Memory and A Meeting

STILES POV

Time seemed to fly by and before I knew it lunch had arrived. I didn't really care for the reunion that would happen at lunch. It wouldn't really be much of a reunion since most of the pack hung out over summer break. Either way I wanted to be alone I had gotten so use to it and it seemed as though I had forgotten how to act around people. I made my way to the parking lot and practically crawled inside the back seat of my jeep. I turned so I was laying on my back shades over my eyes looking up at the ceiling. It was covered in rips and tears, some from before I bought her.

~FLASHBACK~

"Stiles!" my dad huffed "I tell you I'll buy you a car and you want to go to a junk yard?"

It was the end of Sophomore year and my dad had promised me that if I finished the year with straight A's in every class then he would buy me the car of my choice. I knew my dad was short on money but he insisted, and I didn't want to be picky. So I started to keep an eye open around town for anything that caught my attention . I was walking home and there she was, beautiful as ever.

"Yes dad. You said whatever car I want. Well this is the one for me." I laughed as I tried my best not to fall into any of the junk "Only a little farther" I told him.

When my dad finally caught up to me I was standing in front of him smiling like an idiot.

"This is the car you want? " he questioned looking at the old jeep.

"Yeah it's...cool." I began before I started looking down at my feet. "And it reminds me of..." I let my voice trail off at the end.

"What? What is it? " He asked.

"Nothing, I just...I just remember seeing a picture of mom in college, and she had a jeep just like this one."

A sad smile covered his face and all I could think in that moment was that I never should have brought up my mother. That was until I felt my dad's arms around my back embracing me in a long hung. He pulled away looking like he was fighting back serious tears.

"I'll see if one of the deputies can come pick it up." he states. We spent that entire summer fixing up that jeep.

~END FLASHBACK~

When I came to I found myself holding in tears thinking of my father. He was one of the people I lost who I never thought would leave me. I understood that he didn't have that much of a choice but I hadn't heard from him in months and that made me feel even more abandoned. The bell soon rang and that meant the end of the lunch hour. I pulled myself together and exited the jeep.

The rest of the day went by relatively fast. I had some pack members in a couple of classes. I kept my head down in them all. I tried to have the least number of confrontations possible.

The end of the day came, and it seemed as though my legs couldn't move fast enough to get me out of that place. I made my way out the door slipping my shades back on thinking about getting home. I made my way towards the parking lot grabbing my keys from my pocket. When I looked I seen Scott and Isaac flirting leaning against my jeep. I stopped momentarily taking a sharp inhale before I approached the car.

"Hey Stiles" Isaac smiled.

"Hey guys" I said beginning to unlock the door.

"So" Scott began "You heading straight to Derek's? "

I turned over my shoulder sending them both questioning looks "Why would I?"

"Uh dude there's a pack meeting tonight did you forget?" Scott asked

Shit. Just what I needed. The way heels turned in my head while I thought of a good enough lie that could get me out of this.

"Right" I said nonchalantly "Right. I actually got an english project I need to work on"

"It's the first day of school" Isaac pointed out

"I know. That's what I said" I told them both opening the car door. "But I gotta do it"

Scott had begun to make that face again sniffing the air and scrunching up his eyebrows. I had gotten seriously worried. I swung open my car door trying to make a quick escape when Scott began to speak again.

"Dude it's just homework." he chuckled " I've never known you to choose school over anything pack related."

"Well I'm not really 'pack' now am I ?" I let the words slip out before I fully understood what I was saying.

Both boys looked up at me hurt in their eyes. I looked down at my feet and silence took it's toll. The urge to cut, or drink crept into my mind and I knew I had to get out of there to relieve my pain. Before either one of them could speak I opened my mouth.

"Look, I really have to go. I'll try my best to make the meeting." They pleaded with their eyes for me to come. I just simply gave a half smile a shut the door to my jeep. I really need to get home.

DEREK POV

I had just finished cleaning the loft and ordering pizza for the pack, and I guess you could say I was in a partially good mood. There was a pack meeting tonight which made my heart flutter because it also meant I would get to see Stiles. From the moment I met him in the woods with Scott he was stuck in my head. His looks, his voice, his smell they all made my wolf go crazy and I would only admit to myself how much I loved it. I loved pack meetings because not only did I get to see Stiles but because after he leaves the sweet smell of vanilla and cinnamon would linger in the air for hours. It had practically killed me being away from him for so long. Things were relatively calm in the supernatural world, and I guess Stiles took that as a sign to stop coming around. He hadn't been to the loft in about 3 months, and if he was there it was just to drop off Scott for training, he wouldn't even get out the car. It killed me but I could never let him or anyone know just how much it hurt.

Soon everyone began to pile in one by one. I tried to keep it under control so the others wouldn't get suspicious but every time the door would slide open my heart went as fast as lightning in hopes that it was Stiles, but it never was. Soon Scott and Isaac came strolling through the door hand in hand and I realised everyone had arrived everyone except Stiles. My wolf howled in pain and began to go crazy.

"Can we get started now?" Boyd asked from the couch Erica right on his lap.

"We can't everyone isn't here." Thankfully Lydia stated this. I couldn't say anything and have them getting suspect. "Does no one notice a certain hyperactive spaz is nowhere to be seen?" Everyone looked around Stiles was nowhere in sight. I started readying myself to ask someone to call Stiles when Isaac spoke up.

"He isn't coming." everyone turned to face him and Scott snuggled up on the small couch.

"Yeah" Scott began "He said he had something important to do but he'd try to make it."

"I guess that means we can start then." Jackson spoke up

So the pack meeting began, Stiles nowhere to be seen.