Ch1: New House

Chapter 1: New House

Yoo Eunji or newly known as Jang Eunji, took a deep breath before going out of the car. In front of her is the big house she will now live in. It has a big garden in front with green Bermuda grasses covering it whole. A somehow Greek statue carrying a jar where water came pouring out is in the middle of a fountain located in the center of the garden. Bushes were planted around each boundary and corner, sprouting pink and red small flower. She stopped for seconds before recovering herself from the daze the garden is giving her. She was excited, yes, but she doesn't want to show it to her new family. Not now because she was still sad for the fact that her real family had given her away as a payment.

The wedding ceremony last week was a very dramatic one for her. It was not just because it's her wedding day but also a very difficult one for her. Her parents attended the wedding but all she was feeling were anger and betrayal. She doesn't want to see them at all and thanks to her mother-in-law, her parents were told to go home instead. It might have been the first and only time she will act like an ungrateful child, still she was sorry and gave them one last glance before they went away.

She sighed as she pushed back the memory at the back of her mind and went to the back of the car to get her only luggage. Yixing was just getting out of the car when they locked eyes. She lower her head automatically, ashamed of looking him directly in the eye. What does he think of me? I haven't heard him speak except for his "I do." She thought. She searched for her suitcase at the back of the car but it's not there anymore. A soft tug from the end of her blouse made him turn and Yixing was behind her pointing to her suitcase that was already getting dragged by a maid towards the house. She nodded shyly and followed after him inside.

Inside the house were large paintings and candle lights. She opened her mouth in awe as she can't believe she's going to live here. Red velvet curtains were hung in every window, creating a dark but sophisticated aura inside. A wide staircase was in front that leads to the left and right rooms upstairs. A big chandelier was hanging in the middle, illuminating a family picture on the wall. There stood her parents-in-law, Yi Xing and a woman so beautiful. She was probably their daughter, Jessica. She didn't make it to their wedding because her plane was delayed.

"Eunji," Mrs. Jang called her. Her husband and son were nowhere to be found, probably went already to their rooms. Her mother-in-law motion to her and put an arm around her shoulder. She was actually very thankful that Mrs. Jang is very kind to her. "I'll show you to your room." She saw that her mother-in-law have this twinkling excitement in her eyes and she nodded, letting her led her upstairs, going to the right. She knocked on the third door and opened it.

She was kind of strict from the outside but when you actually got closer to her, you'll realize that she has a warm heart. She told Eunji that when she found out that her husband wants to sue them for their debt, she asked if she could talk to their family once and for all. She suggested the marriage thingy and has to say sorry to her. She told Eunji not to blame her parents because it's not their fault. Maybe, maybe one of these days she'll forgive them.

The room was big but she's sure enough it's not the master's bedroom yet. It has a large terrace and the sliding door is a little bit open, allowing the wind to play with the transparent curtain. There are two more doors inside which she was sure one is the bathroom and the other one, well, she has yet to find out. There were two beds, each were big enough for one person to roll over on. One bed was covered with white bed sheets. The pillows on it were covered with black and white stripes pillowcases and the blanket was a pure fluffy black. She guessed right that it was Yixing's bed because her luggage was already on top of the beige covered one. Everything on her new bed was beige color in different shades and just by looking at it is comfortable enough. Beside it were a cute small table with a mushroom night lamp and another table across it with a mini shelf on top. Actually, there were two tables across each bed, I wonder if they were for studying.