11. A word of warning

Start from the beginning

In large almost sparkling magenta lettering was a name:

MADAM BARBETTI'S FORTUNE TELLING SERVICES!

Come all, see all that life has planned for you! and more!

you continued to stare on at what was on the screen dumbfounded at first.

Then a older woman made a appearance onscreen, about over 50 with her hair dyed raven black and held back with a hairband with strange patterns on it? The woman's face and certain parts of her body sagged with wrinkles indicating that father time had not been kind to this soul. a full and feathery magenta boa draped around her shoulders and neck.

Madame Barbetti then spoke in a raspy voice typical of any older woman who had smoked for some time in their lifetime yet still somehow made he tone mysteriously alluring;

"Greetings, I am Madame Barbetti. Do you have some stresses in your life? Unresolved tension amongst family, friends or your significant other? Do you have a large goal in your life but are unsure if you can be successful? Or do you simply want to be shown the many paths you life can go..? Madame Barbetti may have the answer you seek.. as I was given a gift at birth, and now I share that gift of mine with the world..!"

This strange woman began to twirl in some strange dance across the screen as equally odd music played, a phone number then appeared at the bottom of the screen followed by an address to her place of business. however while some people may actually be mystified by all these effects and whatnot..you however..

As the commercial went on you could only frown, what was (F/N) showing this to you for? cheap laughs?

"So? whadda think?" (F/n) asked tone laced with a enthusiasm you simple couldn't fathom, was he/she serious?? a fortune teller?

"(F/n)...a fortune teller? really? why...?" you asked

"Yhea I know it seems sketchy and all but it's different because me and my family actually know Madame Barbetti personally. she's practically a friend of my family!"

you hummed skeptically and laid back on the couch a bit sighing in exasperation wondering what the point in all this was

"Oh..? she is?" you inquired with disinterest evident in your voice

"Yhea she's the one I told you about that predicted that my aunt would give birth to twins and she did! oh oh and she told my sister that her chinchilla would die in July of last year, which it did..sadly. plus she was a co-worker of my mothers at her first job at that gas-station that sits at the end of main st. for awhile.. so yhea! she is for real!"

You rubbed your temples a bit while taking in all this new information then asked

"Ok (F/n)...why even show me this? if this is about my stuffed rabbit ghost friend-"

"Yes that's exactly the reason why I showed you this! I'm sorry if I disturbed you but I have been having nightmares lately that involved that rabbit...and I had a bad feeling that if you kept that thing with the spirit inside it......" (F/n) suddenly fell silent. deathly silent. Afraid that he/she may had hung up you called out "Hello? (F/n)....?!" no response, you looked at your cell and saw that the call was still going on.

There was a odd muffled 'Bang!' in the background of your call followed by some very distant yelling of someone other than your friend

You sat up stiffly on the couch "Hello? Hello?!!" your heart sank like a stone in water, then your friend's voice came back on "S-Sorry (Y/n) I gotta go.. something kinda happened.. to my cat...please just pay Barbetti a visit please (Y/n) I promise she's genuine and doesn't charge that much! tell she that I sent you.. she'll help you with that spirit just.. please." Then she/he hung up.