11. A word of warning

____________________________________________

"are you serious?"

"What?"

"Were you trying to make me look like a jackass?"

"No. I was trying to help you out of a situation that was rather confusing and frightful for you.. I did you a favor."

"Vincent, taunting the officer and then basically telling the parents of someone who went missing that their kid was a piece of shit and that you're glad their gone does not help..not in the slightest! (Even if it was kinda true)"

"Whatever. you're home sweet home now and hopefully they won't pester you about this again. Forget about that shitlord Brandon.. isn't that what you have been wanting to do for the past week and then some?"

A long, defeated sigh escaped your lips as the bottom half of your palm made contact with your forehead before sliding off sloppily off the side of your face. Turning around slightly you then allowed your body to collapse itself onto the couch's cushioned pillows, still too tried from today's events and it's stresses to argue with Vincent any further. Vincent peered over at you from his spot on the recliner with his arms crossed, his look of annoyance dying down seeing that you weren't gonna even bother anymore and smirked satisfied with your lack of response.

Shifting around you got comfortable and sighed again closing your eyes wanting to fall asleep but you really couldn't, Robert was coming home soon and you had to clean up the mess you had created in the kitchen while making dinner for yourself, with a groan you then forced yourself to sit up and get off the couch and marched into the kitchen.

After cleaning up the mess in the kitchen and putting the leftover's aside for Robert you took your bath then got ready for bed. just as you got into bed and clicked off you light, laying down your phone rang making your eyes shoot open in shock.

'Whoever would be calling me at this time of night..?' you though groaning reaching over and clicking you light on again. you picked up your cell and saw that it was (F/N)'s number. huh. that's weird.

(F/n) was never the one to call you when it would be a bit inconvenient or at any later hours of the night.

"Hello..?" you asked tiredly. almost yawning, suddenly you winced pulling the phone's receiver some inches away from your ear as your friend was exclaiming in a very excited manner;

"(Y/n)! quick turn the TV to channel 15 right now!"

"h-huh? why-?"

"Just do it!!"

"Ok Ok..! Jeez. I'm up.." You rolled out of bed as quick as you could and walked into the living room snatching the remote off the coffee table and flipping it on, all while keeping the phone to your ear.

"Hurry up the commercial's almost over!"

"I am going as fast as I can...!" you replied slightly grouchy and not liking getting rushed into..whatever it was that (F/n) wanted you to do. This really wasn't like (F/n) to do this, whatever it was it; it better have been damn worth getting woken up and yelled at..

Finally you landed on channel 15, the local public access channel? you squinted at the screen at the images behind the odd filter of static.

"Are you on channel 15??" (F/n) asked impatiently making your grumble a bit before answering

"Yes I am what....?" you trailed off eyes widening at what you were watching; a logo that featured what looked to be a large crystal ball with a eye at the center of it, being surrounded by bejeweled hands.