6.2 The invitation (Part 2)

"Brandon...?" I muttered quietly with surprise as I watched the young man in question swagger over to me, with a raised brow and a sly grin. wearing a brightly colored green,gold, and white varsity jacket that was obviously designer, and likely costed him a pretty penny along with some denim jeans that look like they could be Abercrombies.

Brandon wasn't alone either as behind him followed a few other dudes and two snooty looking young women all wore expensive looking clothes as well, the girls looked at Brandon and then at you, then to Brandon again with a very confused look and to you with a rather bitchy look on their faces.

You silently squirmed under their gaze shifting uncomfortably, you usually ended up hating these types of people because they would see you as some greasy lower class hussie working minimum wadge, not worthy of their time, attention or even good manners apparently.

"(Y/n), long time no see! I didn't expect to see you again, working here of all places..." Brandon said with a hint of 'ew.' in his tone letting his gaze wander about the cafe, "If this place is such an unpleasant rat hole to you and your 'friends' then why did you decide to come down here for breakfast..?" you thought with slight indigence somewhat insulted by his comment.

Crossing your arms you raised a brow at the man "oh really?" Brandon picked up on your 'not amused' tone and immediately changed his tone and the subject scratching the back of his head "so..whatcha been up to..?" he asked and you only shrugged "meh. graduated high school.. getting a job here, living with my brother, going to collage soon.. nothing too special." you replied.

Brandon smiled and in a boastful tone he said " I had won more than 6 games in a row in high school football, I graduated and had a massive party in a private jet, and I am in an ivy league school now hoping to get a doctorate in Mathematics someday"

"yhea, yhea I get it Brandon.. your life is Perfect. Like I need to be reminded.. Now would be so kind as to tell me why you just suddenly talking to me again after all these years after you abandoned me in freshmen year? I though I wasn't good enough for you and you prepy popular pals.."

"that really sounds awesome Brandon!" you forced a smile and a cheery tone, not wanting to show a sadness you though you had buried years ago, "so what can I do for you today Brandon?" you asked clearing your throat, and Brandon blinked for a second then smirked "ya know.. I was just in here for breakfast until I saw that my old buddy was working here.." you grimaced at "old buddy" " then I though.. 'ya know its been while since we were together like this.. you and me. ya know? hanging out and talking about stuff..doing stuff together' and so I though we could maybe start being friends again..?"

Pausing then turning to Brandon with raised eyebrows "y-you want to be friends again..?" you asked with a baffled tone and Brandon smiled, one of the girls behind him snorted and rolled their eyes but then Brandon elbowed her arm as if to tell her to quit it. "Yes (Y/n) I do.. look. I know things kinda came to a abrupt end between us but I now that I look back on things as a mature young adult, I realized I did an awful thing to you and I wanted to perhaps repatch our friendship..let's start over. what do you say..?" Brandon held his hand out to you

you stared at Brandon's hand then at his face still floored by these unexpected turn of events, would you accept his offer? you weren't quite sure, he did just cut you off you some time after starting high school. Or did he really change over the course of several years? Perhaps you two could really get back together just like old times, do a bit of catching up, maybe you two could be more...

You blushed at the though of perhaps fulfilling your childhood dreams with him, a hand waved in front of your face "hello? Earth to (Y/n)?" Brandon's amused tone filled your ears and brought your head back down from the clouds making you blink a few times before letting out a nervous chuckle "o-oh sorry. spaced out a bit there.." Brandon laughed "It's quite alright, now what do you say?" you smiled "sure!" and shook his hand