"What are you t-" Nina turned around abruptly, not caring to look obvious.

She glared on sight.

There they were, both in black hoodies that didn't fully cover their bright red hair wearing, what Helena immediately recognized, muggle joke disguises. A pair of black glasses with a big plastic nose that had a fake black moustache attached to the bottom of it.

Both were pretending to read a newspaper they were sharing.

Idiots.

Helena turned back to Cedric who was smiling sheepishly at her, with an understanding look.

"Go, we'll talk later," the Hufflepuff said. "And I'm paying," he said with a wink.

Nina blushed like her normal self again when Cedric did that, almost forgetting the reason why she was leaving early.

"You're the best, Ced. See you later!"

You're the best? Ughh... that sounded so lame.

Helena was walking towards the costumed figures that were now covering themselves with the newspaper. She stopped right infront of them, tapping her foot impatiently.

Fred and George emerged from their hiding place.

"What in Merlin's name are you two doing here dressed like this?" she pointed at their faces.

"We wanted to now how your date-"

"Not a date," she reminded them.

"Okay," said George, "how your not-a-date date was going!"

"Wanted to make sure Pretty Boy stayed in line," Fred said eyeing at Cedric's direction.

Nina swiftly took the empty chair that was next a near by table and dragged it to the one the twins were at, across from them.

"Okay, as much as I appreciate your concern," the girl began, hands on the table, "You can't just spy on me. If we're gonna be friends, we need to have trust. So no more of... this," she motioned at their outfit.

The twins nodded in agreement, taking off their fake sunglasses and pulling their hoodies off.

"You gotta admit, Hell," said Fred standing up from his chair, "it's a pretty funny disguise!"

"Didn't even notice we were here," George said proudly.

"That's because I had my back on you!"

The three of them walked out of the now crowded restaurant and stepped outside into the strong snowing winds, holding their coats close to their bodies already starting to shiver.

"Ok, that's it," Helena took out her wand from her boot and muttered, "Protego Temperatum" and an invisible shield surrounded the three of them from the harsh weather.

She had only recently discovered the spell.

"Bloody brilliant, Hell!" Fred began walking straighter now that he wasn't fighting the wind.

"Gonna have to teach us that one," said George, "Excellent idea that we followed you or we would have freezed to death!"

"How did you know I was at The Three Broomsticks?" the girl looked up at them with curiosity.

"We took one last glance at the Marauders map before giving it to Harry," explained Fred.

"Speaking of Marauders," Helena said, walking between the twins and linking her arms with theirs, "I've got new intel on Peter Pettigrew."

"You know," said Fred, "if we weren't so comfortable right now, we would be walking the other direction."

                         ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Helena told the twins what she had heard at The Three Broomsticks on the ride back to the castle, mentioning that Sirius Black had been the Potters' Secret Keeper.

The Weasley boys were bewildered about this information and shared their concerns that maybe Black was after Harry.

"It doesn't add up," Nina said quietly, making sure no one could hear them as they made their way to the common room. "Why would he come looking for Harry now?"

To her it didn't make sense that Sirius Black had decided to break out of Azkaban to come for Harry who was now in his third year, when he could have escaped sooner, not that she wanted that. But there had to be another reason why Black did it now.

"Tired of hanging around with dementors probably," commented George, who then gave the password to Sir Cadogan to let themselves in.

"What'd you got there, Hell?" Fred pointed to the small shopping bag the girl had tied around the belt from her coat.

"Oh, just a Christmas present for dad," Nina had forgotten about it. "I'll wrap it up so I can send it."

Helena left to head upstairs to her room where she found Angelina Johnson was resting, a pile of sweets over her lap as she unwrapped one of them.

"Want some?" she offered, taking a bite from the candy.

"No, you enjoy them. I just stuffed myself with Cauldron Cakes on the way here." Nina opened her drawer, taking out some parchment and her quill to write an early Christmas note to her father.

She then proceeded to wrap the magical socks with paper she had hand-decorated herself with tiny doodles and tied it with a red ribbon, attatching the note on it.

Looks presentable, she thought.

"So, Nina..." Angelina said unwrapping another candy, "how did your date with Diggory went? ...The twins told me," she added.

"Of course they did," Nina made a mental note to talk to the twins later. "It was great! We got to talk and joke around a bit. He really is charming and thoughtful, maybe that's why I like h--"

Angelina dropped the candy bar she had been holding, a look of shock and excitement staring back at Helena who had gone wide eyed, not believing what she had just said.

"I like... Cedric."

.
.
.
.
.
.
.

a/n the next one will be longer, I promise!