Days that Pass

Baekhyun wakes up again in the morning, quite repetitive, but not as repetitive as Nikki. This is the day he will change everything for Nikki. Last night was titorng as he read more diary entries from Nikki's archived entries.

Dear Diary,

I am coping. Glad that Chanyeol is here to help me, he has been a great big brother. He took me to go see the butterflies today. Butterflies are my favourite. When you're 10 and sad, butterflies and flowers will make you happy. Dad isn't here today, he went to mommy's grave and I bet he is sad to. I love my dad, he loves us, he shouldn't feel sad anymore, he should be like us and try to cope. Mommy may be gone, but she will always be in our hearts. I gotta go now diary, but I will write some more tomorrow, I am tired but at least I am happy at least just for one day

~Nikki

Baekhyun was curious so he read on. He noticed how attached Nikki was to her older brother. The brother she couldn't and wouldn't be able to see anymore. Baekhyun was willing to replace his role, but without a clue whether he will fall in love or not.

Dear Diary,

Happy again! Dad brought us out during lunch! I got my favourite ice crem! Chanyeol said I was silly because I mix ice creams together! I think Chocolate fudge brownie goes well with Cookie dough, one chocolate one vanilla! He should think about getting a more exciting ice cream than just chocolate or vanilla all the time! We went to the park today, dad brought some picnic food. Oh yeah! Me and Chanyeol carved our na,es on the trees! Now, no one forget us! I just laughed evilly! Oops! It's past my bedtime, 10 year olds need their sleep too you know!

~Nikki

Baekhyun could have sworn he was giggling when Nikki talks about her brother gettin plain ice cream. Ideas hit Baekhyun as he reads more entries. He took a note in his small journal of the things Nikki likes to do and the things that are memorable to her. She may not be able to process new memories but old memories will forever stay in her heart.

"Minseok!", Baekhyun screamed running down the spiral staircase of the accomodation. Minseok didn't know why he was being charged by a very excited Byun Baekhyun.

"Whoah! Easy! What's up!", Minseok catches him in his arms. Baekhyun tries to catch his breath. It was just a few more minutes until Nikki comes in to the café so they needed to be fast.

"Minseok! I think I know what I should do!", Baekhyun said furiously shaking Minseok's shoulders. Minseok's eyes lit up as if he already knew what Baekhyun was going to do.

The door chimes tingled once again. The girl came in once again, this time she wasn't her haply cheerful self. Baekhyun wanted to approach her, he wanted to know what was wrong. The waitress had to push Baekhyun towards her. Nikki looked at Baekhyun who was standing right in front of her. She looked down at the food she was given and stared at it with teary eyes.

"I know you right?", Nikki asked Baekhyun. What was she talking about? Has she finally remembered Baekhyun?

"Maybe, what makes you think you know me?", Baekhyun asks sitting down on the seat in front of Nikki.

"I know everything now, my father told me. He told me ai had anterogade amnesia. The type where I cannot remember what happened yesterday and my memory keeps going back to the darn day I got it. It hurts, knowing I can't get through. So please tell me who you are", she explains. Baekhyun didn't know what to do. Nikki takes out a polaroid camera and a small diary, her current diary.

"I am gonna take a picture of you and stick it in, so tomorrow I will remember you", she said taking a picture of Baekhyun's forced smile. She took a picture of everyone in the café.