Diary

Baekhyun paces around his room thinking about what he could say to Richard. Whether or not to tell Richard that he wants to help Nikki. Baekhyun doesn't know the emotions that surround him. Does he feel love or pity, he doesn't know. All he knows is that he wants to help Nikki with all his might even if the world decides to give up on her. Baekhyun walked the quiet streets of Old Hallows, down to the very edge where the ,ain house was. He stopped by to get some coffee, because coffee calms him down, instead of give him nerves.

He reached the edge of Old Hallows, where there was supposed to be a big mansion for the owner of the whole village. Baekhyun was confused, he didn't see a huge mansion or anything like that. All there was, was a normal sized house like everyone, nothing too fancy. Baekhyun walked around the building eyeing it until the "gardener" came out from the back.

"Can I help you?", a rather tall man asked Baekhyun. He had a warm face, not too strong but not too tame either. He had gentle eyes and he smiled at Baekhyun so Baekhyun didn't think he meant harm. Baekhyun approached the gates of that house mindful of the real owners.

"Hello, uhm, sorry to bother you but, I am looking for Mr. Richard Park? I was told he lives at the edge of the village, but I don't see his mansion here!", Baekhyun said scratching the back of his neck. The man stood up from his sitting position while cutting excess flowers. The man satrted to chuckle at Baekhyun.

"I like you kid, what's your name?", the man asked the staring Baekhyun. Baekhyun introduced himself and shook the man's hand warmly.

"Sorry, but is Mr. Park there? It's urgent!", Baekhyun said trying to sound as polite as possible. The man was now curious.

"What do you need from him?", the man asked again. This time he was serious.

"It os about his duaghter, Nikki...", Baekhyun said. The man's eyes rounded in shock.

"Very well, come inside", the man invited Baekhyun inside the house.

The man invited Baekhyun to sit down on the sofa and wait patiently for "Mr. Park" to come out. He left Baekhyun alone. Baekhyun eyed the pictures that hung from the walls. Picutres of when the family was still in tact. Pictures full of life and happiness. He saw Nikki's mother when she was holding Nikki as a baby. Moments in family trips, etc. Baekhyun found a picture of two kids sitting on a swing, one boy and one girl. The other wearing a cap, but his ears manage to escape out which made Baekhyun giggle a bit. One holding a lollipop with pigtails for a hairstyle. He followed the pattern of the pictures. As the kids started to grow up, not caring if they've matured or not, Baekhyun found himself going through all the pictures. He guessed that the boy was Chanyeol, Nikki's older brother and of course the girl was Nikki. Pictures from when Chanyeol graduated high school and pictures when he first got his junior navy merit badge. He seemed to be amused of this Chanyeol person that he realised he was chuckling softly in amusement. He saw Nikki's pictures, some from holidays, a school production, a day at the beach, first haircut and the first time she put on on her mother's heels. But halfway through the pictures, the image of the mother slowly faded away. And pictures from after Chanyeol's badge ceremony were gone. As if time stopped at that moment. Baekhyun realised how precious time must have been for this family and how important every single moment was before they knew it was gone. A slight cough from behind Baekhyun shocked him and made him jump from his place.

"Oh, you're back? But where is Mr. Park?", Baekhyun asked the man he met earlier. The man approached him as Baekhyun struggled to find words to say.

"I am Richard, Nikki's father", the man said which shocked Baekhyun even more. This man owns the whole of Old Hallows. It was overwhelming to be in his presence. For some reason however, he was inferior. He didn't appear too strong in front of Baekhyun.