Chapter 8: Reunited

Start from the beginning

"What's done is done." He hissed, turning to walk away, until Aleks continued.

"I didn't put the kingdom in any sort of danger. You did. It was all you and you know it. God, I don't even know how you can sleep at night knowing what kind of person you are."

Jordan's fists condensed, his knuckles blaring a bright white. His hands clenched and his eyebrows came together as pure rage was painted onto his features. He slowly stopped in his tracks and stood as silently as a statue there, almost being able to feel the smirk Aleks held on his face in his mind.

Jordan's breathing pace quickened as he swung around, letting out a yell. His arm swung with him, and the burning sensation on his knuckles collided with the hardness of Aleks' skull. The man below him jerked roughly to the side as he screamed loudly in agony, falling down onto the stones beneath him with his shoulder first.

"God fucking dammit, what the hell is wrong with you!" He screamed out. His voice was raspy and rage filled as well. The man writhed against his chain bindings and held his hands up to his bloody face.

Jordan stared, his expression peering straight into the other's. He stepped forward and brought his hand out, placing it upon Aleks' scalp and grasping. He tugged upwards at the man's hair roughly, making him yell out once again. Blood stained his cheeks and continued to pour from his nose.

"What did I say before? This is MY kingdom, and you shouldn't have come back here." Only inches of space laid between the two, and they could feel the energy and adrenaline surging within themselves.

"Fuck you. You won't kill me. You don't have the balls for it." He squinted angrily right at the king and spat, spraying blood in his direction. Jordan's upper lip twitched as the droplets landed on his face and wiped them away onto his sleeve quickly with a jerking motion. He brought his arm back once again, thrusting it forward to land another punch onto the lower right side of Aleks' jaw.

"Agghhh!" Aleks cried out once again, flicking his head to the side to look away from the king, but was forced to by the hand that yanked painfully at his hair. He was beginning to lose focus and was consumed by the feelings of his burning scalp and the pressure on his nose and cheeks. Jordan tugged him closer and nearly rested his forehead against Aleks'. The air between them was filled with suspense.

"I may not be able to kill you myself, but I can do many other things. I will put you in a world of hurt and suffering, then maybe I'll send you off to be killed by someone else. How does that sound?" Jordan now wore a devilish smile across his face, and Aleks felt fear creep into his system.

This guy's crazy, he thought, and definitely not like the old Jordan I knew back when we were kids.

"Get up." Jordan pulled Aleks back up to his feet and he whined loudly as small tears began to form in the corners of his eyes. He began to sputter as the blood that rushed out of his nose began to get caught in his throat. Once he got to his feet and attempted to stabilize himself to not fall over from lightheadedness, Jordan only threw him back down again into the center of the room. Aleks hit the cold hard floor on his stomach, which resulted in a loud gasp of pain and gagging.

"Wh...n... What are you doing to... Eddie..?" Aleks mumbled out as he laid his arms out in front of him in a sad attempt to crawl away. Jordan chuckled and walked to his right, delivering a sharp kick to his side. Aleks screamed and curled up into a ball weakly as a loud crack sounded through the room.

"Eddie? You mean your little thief friend? He's dead."

Aleks tried to sit up quickly, but groaned at the pain in his side and threw himself back down as tears stained his cheeks. "You can't... Be serious..." He choked out, his eyes shut tight in affliction.