zero

a/n: #FTR or #RR? (;

DERRY, MAINE was the sort of town where the adults are worse than the kids. Ashley Brenner didn't really think any other town had that problem, but hers did. And that was in terms of on a regular basis.

On a not regular basis? Kids were worse.

And she didn't mean in the occasional vandalism, bike riding over nanna's petunias bullshit, she meant in the "oh, there's another missing kid poster up" or "another bloody hand was found in the drainage yesterday".

How did she know this? Well, because it happened to her cousin and best friend, Abigail Roth last winter. And no one in her family let her forget it.

But it didn't really matter; she was too used to the constant feeling of pain to care.

Today was the final day at school- thank God, because school was hell- and she was free to spend the summer relaxing and away from Greta Keene, who had reminded Ashley countless times that she was going to the beaches in Florida with her rich parents.

But Ashley didn't give a rat's ass. Spending time in Derry for the summer was fine with her, and running into Richie and his gang of misfits was way more interesting than whatever the hell Greta was doing anyway.

She closed her locker with a sigh, feeling bliss settle over her; she was in for a long, relaxing summer doing whatever she liked.

~

"R-Richie, for Christ's s-sake-"

"Hey, do you think they call him Richie 'cause it rhymes with bitchie?"

"IF I RUN AFTER YOU FOR MORE THAN 10 SECONDS, RICHIE, MY MOTHER WILL FIND OUT USING HER WEIRDASS WITCHCRAFT SHIT AND I WILL BE DEAD. DO YOU HEAR ME? DEAD!"

Richie Tozier turned exasperatedly around to face his best friends; Bill Denbrough, Eddie Kaspbrak, and Stanley Uris.

"Guys, I just wanna see-"

"If Ashley is there, we know." Stanley rolled his eyes, and Richie fired, "Well, don't be a pussy, Stan, and come with me if you know so much."

"Woah, okay who was it who got a hard on everytime she-" Stanley retorted and Bill cut across him.

"W-why are w-w-we even standing h-here and trying to t-talk him out of it?"

"Exactly, thank you, Bill." Richie said.

"Fine, we'll go!" Stan said, throwing his hands up into the air.

"I volunteer to catch her when she falls on her face laughing." Eddie said, and Richie said, "Shut up, Eds."

"Don't call me-"

"Oh, there!" Richie said, waving Eddie's sentence away, and Eddie folded his arms, sharing a look with Stan.

Richie's eyes were focused on Ash, who was almost at the end of the hallway, and considering they had been running after him for a good 2 and a half minutes, most of the students were already gone.

Richie slowly pushed his glasses up on his nose, and strolled towards her as the rest of his friends stifled snorts, trailing behind.

"Beautiful!" He called, and Ash froze before turning and leaned against the lockers as he came to a stop in front of her.

"Richie." She said, rolling her eyes, and then focused on each of the boys, her gaze lingering a little longer on Eddie, who went a slight shade of pink as she smiled at him.

"Hey."

"Hi." They all chorused back, and Richie motioned to the floor. "Wanna sit?"

She gave him a strange look, and then looked down the deserted hallways and shrugged. "Why the hell not?"

Sliding down onto the floor, Richie sat on her right side, and Eddie snagged the seat to her left. Bill and Stan sat opposite them against the other set of lockers.

"So, what are you doing this summer?" Eddie asked, and before Ashley could answer, Richie jumped in with a slight smirk.

"Probably me."

"Oh God, seriously?" Eddie asked, and Ash shoved Richie sideways.

"You wish, Tozier." 

"Okay, everything about this day was been bullshit." Richie said, and then added, "Like Eddie's mom."

"Fuck you, you little prick ass James Dean wannabe-" Eddie started, and before he could finish Richie had laid his head gently in Ash's lap.

"Except not you, beautiful. You're not bullshit." He said, looking up into her brown eyes, and she snorted.

"Thanks, Richie."

He smirked. "Don't mention it."

"J-Jesus, Richie, h-have some st-standards, huh?" Bill said, and Richie lifted his head off of Ash's lap and aimed a kick at Bill.

"So, what are you up too this summer?" Ash shook her head at the other boys, who were arguing between themselves, and Eddie shrugged.

"I don't know, probably hanging out with these assholes and trying to avoid my mom." He laughed, and so did Ash, and he looked up at her, still smiling.

"Hellooo? Earth to Mr. Clean?" Stan said, and Eddie glanced up, away from Ash.

Richie was looking between him and Ash with narrowed eyes, feeling weird anger boil up in the pit of his stomach.

He shot a glare at Eddie. "What's with you, dipshit?"

Eddie looked up, and so did Stanley and Bill.

"Are you PMSing or something, Richie? Did I like, kill your grandma?"

"Shut up." Richie said sharply, and Eddie laughed.

"Just shut the hell up, Eddie. God." Richie stood, and said, "I'm leaving. I don't wanna be in this hellhole any longer than I have too."

"So go then." Eddie said, confused by his friend's attitude, and Richie said, "I'm going."

He turned and walked away, and Stanley sighed. "I'll go see what's up. He's probably in one of his moods. See ya, Ashley."

He waved slightly to her, and she waved back.

Bill and Eddie shared a look, and then together looked at Ash, who took that as her cue to get to her feet as well.

"So, I guess I'll see you dipshits around?" She asked, shooting Eddie a grin.

He laughed despite himself, and Bill said, "Y-yeah, definitely. R-Richie would like th-that."

As they turned to go, Ashley looked down the other hallway and caught sight of something red.

Was that a balloon?

"Hey, what's that?"

She turned back to the boys, who looked at her confusedly. "What's what?"

She pointed in the direction where she had seen the balloon. "Tha-" And stopped mid-sentence.

The balloon was gone, and Bill and Eddie squinted in the darkness, craning their necks to try to see what she had.

"Never mind," Ash said slowly. "Probably just my imagination."

a/n: i'm so excited for this i can't take it. this movie has me like O_O