2/ TWO Parallel Lines

Hurry, Fast, Go!

Words tumble after each other in a hurry when I first met her.

It was as if my thoughts went haywire. Feels like my sanity escaped me.

What is so special with her anyway? Two eyes, one nose, two ears, a mouth..a smile. That smile!

I cannot explain it but her smile did something to me. My mind gone crazy, I know, right? Something inside me…my heart it seemed… did several flips, twists and somersaults. Uncontrollable. Freaky.

What did she do to me?

I am spellbound.

================

Hurry, Fast, Go!

Words tumble after each other in a hurry when I first met him.

It was as if my thoughts went haywire. Feels like my sanity escaped me.

What is so special with him anyway? Two eyes, one nose, two ears, a mouth..a look. That look!

I cannot explain it but his look did something to me. My mind gone crazy, I know, right? Something inside me…my heart it seemed… did several flips, twists and somersaults. Uncontrollable. Freaky.

What did he do to me?

I am fascinated.

                                                                             ================

She came running down from the winding staircase in a hurry. She almost bumped into the elegantly-dressed people that peppered the whole ballroom. Her hair, in a loose upswept style, is now in a slight mess. Her soft and flowing blush-colored chiffon gown is supposed to make her look like a dainty princess but a large stain on it marred her otherwise immaculate appearance.

Some people are now looking at her and, in hushed tones, curiously asking what is the matter with her. She was one of the birthday celebrants, he found out later. Just like him who was dragged by his mom and dad to join this hotel’s special promotion for young ladies and gentlemen celebrating their 16th birthday on a budget.

The whole package includes a fine-dining experience with the family and an overnight stay in one of their special suites. It also came with a free invitation to this dance ball for all of the celebrants in attendance. His mom and dad wanted him to learn some social graces and thought the opportunity was just perfect. Apparently this girl’s parents thought the same.

But what’s with the stain on her dress? Did she get into one of those catfights some girls like to get involved in? She does not look like she’s the type to get embroiled in one. Feisty, yes. But she seems smart enough not to get into petty stuff like that.

Well, not that he cared though. He dragged his gaze away from her and commanding all the self-control that he can muster he focused his look towards his parents across the table. Too pointedly, it seemed. His mom asked him later what was the matter with his bloodshot eyes. Has he been sleeping late again, he worries her she said.

That girl got him into this mess! Now his mom won’t let up. His dad looked at him and with gentle and familiar eyes tried to tell him not to mind his mom’s words.

Ever since Gerald was small his father would always ask him to make allowances for his mom for every little thing that he thinks might make him lose his patience over her. He never really went so far as that but it became a habit for his dad to get into this every time they are in a similar situation.