Their Life

CITY HOSPITAL
Mumbai
2:05 am

"Good Job Manik .. Am proud of you .. Our hospital is proud to have a doctor like you " A person said

"Yup .. Manik the way u handled the case .. Am so impressed " a lady praised him

"Thank You so much .. Well its my duty !! Mere jagha koi v doctor hota to yahi krta " Dr. Manik replied with a smile ..

Well meet him , Dr Manik Malhotra , in a very young age he achieved almost everything ... Like everything .. Name .. Fame .. Money .. Very down to earth .. He is the son of the very famous businessman Mr Raj Malhotra .. Well he always wanted to be a doctor .. And his dad let him do whatever he wanted to do .. So here he is , living his dream .. His passion ..

Senior doctor excused themselves after praising him ... And Manik went to his cabin ..

"Waah mere sher tu to chha gaya " another doctor and Manik's frnd Cabir stated coming inside his cabin

"Thanks man " Manik said with a genuine smile

"Manik today you rocked man " A girl named mukti stated .. She is an intern there .. But Manik's junior I'm clg so they bonded well ..

"Yup .. I agree " here comes the sweetest doctor of the hospital Alya Saxena ...

"Thank You Thank You .. Aaj meri taraf se party .. That's what you guys want , ryt ?" Manik asked and three of them nodded smilingly ...

"Cool ... Keep my card with you and go n enjoy " Manik said forwarding his card

"Come on Man !! Chal na yr .. Tu ghare me krta kya hai akele ?? Naa bahar aata hai kavi na Hume apne ghar aane deta hai " Cabir asked irritatedly and Manik's smile vanished .. But plastering a smile he replied

"There is someone , who is waiting for me eagerly .. Mujhe uske paas Jana hai " he said and this time Alya's smile vanished

"My bed " Manik stated and laughed on his joke and Alya took a sigh of relief

"Kuchh bhi " Mukti laughed on his joke

"Fine .. Go and rest .. Kisi or din chalte hai .. " Cabir said and Manik murmured a thank You ..

######################################

Manik returned home by 7am .. He unlocked his door .. And went inside .. He found a familiar sleeping figure sleeping there in the sofa with frowns on her head ... He went near her and caressed her forehead lovingly .. But suddenly stopped remembering something ..

Flashback

"Manik I want you to get married , its high time .. You are 30 now " an old man stated and then came another statement

"Dad its just 30 !!! And I want to live my life " The boy said making a pout , which didn't work well

"She is a nice girl Manik .. I want you to live a good life with her " the old man was Manik's father

"Dad " he groaned irritatedly

"Nandini Moorthy naam haii .. Yaa to usse shadi kr lo warna maan Lena k aaj se tumhara dad mar gaya tumhare lie " he declared and Manik had no choice .. After one month they got married ..

Flashback end

"You are a perfect bahu for my papa .. A perfect homemaker for my house .. But u can't be a perfect wife Nandini .. Me tumhe wo jagha kavi nhi de sakta ... " he said all this in mind and went to their room .. The room was all decorated with their wedding pictured .. Like a married couple's room .. She has the right to do anything with his house .. With his room .. But not with his life .. She is Nandini Manik Malhotra ..

"Manik aap aagaye " she asked rubbing her eyes ..

"Yeah " Manik plainly replied

"Go freshen up .. Me aapke lie coffee lati hu " Nandini said with a smile and Manik nodded

Nandini came out of their room and made coffee and cheese omelet for him .. She knew all his habits .. Likes .. Dislikes .. He is her husband .. Reason of her existence .. But no one knew her existence in  his life .. Yes no one , related to Manik knew he is married .. And he has a wife .. But she never complained .. She is living with a hope that one day Manik will accept her .. But will he ??

Well she is a simple girl .. Age - 25 .. Only daughter of their parents .. Her father is retired school teacher and mother is a homemaker .. Typical middle class family .. She is a normal graduate .. And that's it .. No high hopes .. No big dreams .. No high profile wish .. Her husband .. Her parents .. And her FIL .. That's it .. Her world's revolve around them only .. A best daughter .. A best daughter in law .. But she failed at being a best wife ..

"Nandini coffee " Manik shouted from dining table

"Layi " she obediently went to him with coffee and breakfast

"Manik aaj aap baht khush lag rahe hai .. Kuchh hua hai kya " she asked and he just looked at her amazed .. This girl can read him in and out ..

"Yeah .. I am .. " he never bothered to share his happiness or sadness with her .. She never forced him to do so ..

After finishing the breakfast  he silently went for a nap .. And she went to fresh n up ..

Well this is how their life is .. Will Manik ever realize her worth ?? Will Nandini ever fight for her haq ?? For that you have to wait .. And do suggest me ur ideas

Thank You