Chapter 3

Chapter 3

There was a brief second when we were just falling. It was an exhilarating feeling but was soon ended by me spreading my wings out. It slowed our descent as we flew to Loki.

I watched as he was about to shoot at a helpless man. "Steve I am going to throw you! Protect the man." I yelled. I threw Steve down at Loki. He landed just in time in front of the blast.

I landed lightly on the ground and I looked at the scared people. I made energy wrap around my black clothes and a light above my head. I looked like a messenger from heaven. I looked mournfully around me and I saw a crying child.

I glided over to her and kneeled down. I took off the mask and stared into her eyes. "Don't cry little one. I will help you." I said wrapping a wing around her.

She sniffled and looked at me. "Are you an Angel?" She asked feeling my soft silvery wings.

I smiled and nodded. "I will take you to safety." She grabbed my hand as I pulled her in my arms. I lifted off the ground and flew a couple blocks away. "Who are your parents?" I asked as we landed. "I have no mommy and daddy." She told me. My heart broke a little inside. I kissed her head.

"What's your name?" I asked knowing I was doing something that would change everything. "My name is Rebecca." I nodded as placed a hand on her head. "I have to go but I must give you a gift." I said giving her some of my soul. Her dark brown hair bleached silver and her hazel eyes became blue. "I will alway be with you now. When you are in danger I will be there." I told her. She hugged me and I wrapped my wings tightly around us.

I let her go and gave her a kiss on the cheek before I flew back to Steve.

He was standing with a man in metal armour above Loki. "Steve?" I asked landing. "Ariel... You look like an angel." He said. I sighed and took back my energy to show my black clothes. "I was protecting a child. Sorry I couldn't help. I don't like fighting." I told him. "Let's go. Back to the Helicarrier. I have to show the mirror." He said holding out an arm. I took and it walked with Steve as the other man, who seemed he didn't want to, took Loki onto the Jet.

We were on the jet flying back when the man in metal started talking, "So Ariel, you weren't on the files. By the way the names Stark, Tony Stark."

"I came here earlier yesterday. But I wouldn't be surprised if they had files on my soul." I said vaguely. "What?" Tony asked confused. "The Tesseract is my soul. It is mine but Loki stole it from me." I said not caring if Loki heard me. I turned away from Tony, showing him I didn't want to speak anymore.

He then proceed to insult Steve. "Stop! I will not let you insult him! He didn't mean to be stuck in the ice. But I kept him in the ice alive." I yelled at Tony. Everyone looked shocked at me, even Loki.

I bowed my head in embarrassment. "I am sorry, I didn't mean to yell." I apologised.

I pulled my wings back into a while ago but I still felt I had them out. I listened to the thunder coming from outside. "Is your brother coming" I whispered to Loki knowingly. He looked scared and Steve spoke up, "Scared of a little lightning."

"I am not to overly find of what follows." He answered and I took that as a yes Thor was coming. I met Thor before but it was only a short meeting. I came across him by accident.

*****

I was walking through the woods and a bright light of rainbows touched onto the ground. Standing there was four men in Norse armour, and were talking loudly. I hid behind a tree, fearing for my life, when they saw me. "You don't have to fear us M'Lady." The one who was, I could tell, the leader. "I am Thor, of Asgard and I am burdened with glorious purpose." He said jokingly. "What is that purpose then, Thor." I said coming out from behind the tree.

"Your hair, why is it the color of starlight?" Gasped one with black hair as he was half hidden behind Thor. "I am a star." I told them. "How?" He said feeling a bit comfortable and coming forward. "I fell down to Midgard when I was a mere child. I grew up not knowing who I was until my adoptive mother and father told me. They told me lies of how I came to be."I informed him.

He nodded not fully understanding. "It means that I am going to live as long as you. Loki and Thor Odinson. " I said knowingly. Their eyes widened at my knowledge. "I have heard stories of you." I commented.

******

There was a thud on top of the jet and we all looked up. The bottom opened and Thor stormed in, grab Loki by the neck and flew off. "Then there's that guy." Tony said annoyed. "Another Asgardian?" Natasha asked. "Think that guys a friendly?" Steve asked. "Doesn't matter. If he frees Loki or kills him, the Tesseract's lost." Tony said walking over to the opening. "Stark! We need a plan of attack!" Steve shouted after him. I rolled my eyes as Tony replied, "I have a plan of attack, attack." His mask slipped over his face as he flew out.

I got up and walked over to the edge. "I am going after them." I said as I jumped out. I watched the night sky as I fell. I grew my wings as the ground got closer. I saw a bright orange ahead. I tucked my wings in close and I sped up. I smirked as I passed him.

I was diving when he sped up and passed me. I spread my wings out and watched as he tackled Thor. I landed next to Loki and looked at him annoyed. "Why did you come back?" I asked him. "Many reasons. One of them was to free you." He said. I looked at him in the eyes.

His bright green eyes were gone was blue. "Where is your green eyes?" I asked, already knowing the answer. "Thanos." Was all he answered. I nodded and my eyes softened. "What has happened to you?" I asked. He looked... Broken and dying inside. "I am just like you now. Our whole lives have been a lie." His voice cracked and I saw the man I used to know.

I grabbed his shirt and pulled him into a hug.

Then there was a loud bang and the wind nearly knocked us over. Stepping away from Loki, I looked down and saw the others standing up.

"I know what you must do." I told Loki and I saw him break even more. "I am so sorry." He cried. "I know. We mustn't tell the others." I said sadly. He nodded and shut out his emotions. I ruffled my feathers and acted like I hated Loki.

Thor looked very surprised when he saw me standing next to Loki. "Lady Ariel! It has been so long since I have seen you last!" He boomed out. I smiled and shook my head. "It has been a very long time indeed." I replied. He smiled widely and clamped a hand on my shoulder. "It is nice to see you."

"I just wish it was under different circumstances." I said.

"As do I."