I am the Tesseract (Captain America)

Prologue

The cold water was unforgiving and harsh, letting nothing go without feeling it's freezing touch. It was dark, so dark it seemed sinister. The machine, built for deep water searches, was skimming on the Arctic floor. Fish swam away in fear of the light. The machine was searching for one thing. The tiny amount of energy found on their scanners.

"Sir? The energy ends here." The worker, who controlled the machine, announced.

Walking to the controls and gazed at the camera showing live feed. There was a giant shape, covered with ocean life so it was unrecognisable to the eye. "Can you bring it up?" The man wondered. "We can try but it may break with the changing of water pressure, sir." A scientist replied. "Carefully bring it up." The man commanded.

Taking control of the crane that was hanging off of the ship, it was lowered into the deep. It was hooked up and carefully they started to bring it up. There was cracking and a burst of blue light exploded from the bottom of the mass. They paused and then started to bring it up again.

Finally after tedious work, it was above water. Many swarmed around the dirty mass. "What is it?" Many whispered to each other. The man and his scientists walked to the mass. "Clean it off." He commanded the bystanders. Doing as commanded they started to wash and scrub of the mass. Slowly the bright, blue light became more visible.

Halfway cleaned, the man told them to stop. "But Director Fury." One of them protested, but with a glare they didn't finish what they were going to say.

What made Director Fury to tell them to stop was it was exposed to a glass casket. Inside the glass casket was a woman.

Her eyes where closed, not moving but was slowly breathing. Her skin was pale and slightly glowing blue. Her hair was a silver color and to her waist. The dress she was wearing was not from their time, it was a gorgeous white that flowed around her limp body.

"Open it." Director Fury commanded.

Prying the glass open, careful not to break it, the workers exposed the girl. Director Fury walked over to her side and looked down at her. "You have been in there for a long time haven't you." He whispered to her.

As soon as he said that her eyes shot open, showing the world her bright, argentine blue eyes.