“I’m a sophomore, you?” He replied.

        “I’m a freshman. I’m dreading today so badly.” I blurted out.

        “Really? And I’m guessing that’s because all of the snobs on this bus?” He laughed.

        We kept talking the rest of the way to school. We actually had a lot in common. I was astonished how fast my nervousness went away when we were talking. I had a feeling that I might at least have one true friend at this new school.

        “So do you think maybe I could hang out with you today?” I inquired shyly as we walked into school.

        “Sure. You probably want to be as far away from preps and such as possible?” He suggested.

        “Yes! Soo, where would you normally hang out?” Looking around I didn’t see a soul who would accept me.

        “Well we usually hang out in our own corner of the school.” Laughing he quickly pulled me through a random door. “Shortcut.”

        We walked out the other side of the hallway, and for the first time in a long time, I felt like I was where I belong. A bunch of people had already gotten here. They all looked like they were emo’s or skaters. Scattered around the small area, they barely noticed me. It was nice to finally not be the center of attention, or be stared at. Of course I didn’t exactly belong here yet, considering there was only one person I even sort of knew.

        “Hi, do I know you from somewhere?” A short girl with multi colored hair popped out of nowhere and asked me.

        “Um, I don’t think so, I just moved here. I’m Onyx.” Babbling, I introduced myself. “By the way, I LOVE your hair.”

        “Thanks, I’m Gina Olson.” She turned to Aaron. “There you are, I’ve been waiting forever!”

        “Sorry, our bus was a little late today.” Aaron shrugged. And then Gina started going on about him not letting her drive him to school as we walked.

        “I have to introduce you to our friends.” She led me to a small group of people. “Everyone, this is Onyx. She’s new.” I waved nervously and said hi as I looked around at everyone. Towards the back of the group I noticed a kid wearing a Suicide Silence shirt. He had straight black hair that was almost shoulder length that made him look even more gorgeous. He looked up and saw me staring, so I looked down at my feet and blushed.

        “Onyx, Did you hear what I said!?” Gina must have been saying something.

        “Sorry, I, uh, zoned out.” I apologized. “What were you saying?”

        “I was introducing you to everyone. This is Maddie, Skylar, Tyler, Jake, and the kid in the back is Eli.” So his name is Eli. All three of the guys were wearing skinny jeans. I don’t know why, but it seemed like there was just something different about Eli. He looked kinda like the quiet type, even though he was talking and laughing with Tyler and Jake.

        “So where are you from?” Gina asked.

        “I just moved here from Carson City, Nevada. I hated it there, but I didn’t really want to move.” I shrugged it off.

“Oh, that would be so cool to live in Nevada!” Gina exclaimed.

“Kinda… I mean I love the state, but everyone was so cruel to me there.” I explained.

“Oh that must have sucked.” Aaron said sympathetically. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw a couple of rednecks walking in the gates. God, do they have any good taste in anything?