Chapter 1

Wendy's pov 

I was rushing against time as I slept in, yet again on a school morning. I quickly did everything I needed to;had breakfast,sorted my books out, you know the drill. 

I walked out the door when I heard

"Wendy Darling come back here!" I groaned. I walked back inside and faced my mother. As soon as I saw her face, my anger faded away.

Her forehead was scrunched up and when she released,wrinkles would replace it. Her eyes filled with sadness and grief, I couldn't bear to show any resentment towards

her. She had been so stressed lately,with my brothers being missing and all,she couldn't seem to move on.And I don't blame her. I miss them too. "You forget your lunch."

She handed me my lunch bag. "Thanks mum." I smiled. "And you forget to say goodbye." I threw my arms around her and let her hold me for as long as she wanted. I felt

the warmth of her arms around me. Once she let go,the coldness of reality was back. "Now go.You'll be late for school." I forced a smile. "Thanks again mum." I walked

out the door of our house. "Love you!" She cried. I turned my body around to see just her thin figure. "Love you too."

~

I walked through the gates of my school to see my friend Tiger Lily.

"Wendy!" She ran towards me, her black hair tied in a braid, hitting against her back as she ran.

I laughed at her excitement."Tiger Lily!" I mimicked her voice.

"Its serious." I let her catch her breath.

"What's serious?" I asked, suddenly filled with worry and curiosity.

"Bae. He's gone." My whole body felt numb, sick with worry.

"What? How?"

Tiger Lilly's eyes were filled with sadness. "The same person that took you brothers.They took Bae. That's all we know at the moment." Her voice caught in her throat. Bae was a really close friend of mine. Ever since my family took him in, his been my best friend. All the people I care about are slipping away.

"Whats the school doing about it?" I  asked.

"I don't know. But things shouldn't still being going on. With a kidnapper on the lose school should be cancelled!"

Her sadness seemed to have been replaced with anger. "Oh and I forget to tell you. The school does know one thing. The kidnapper has a pipe. We don't what they do with it,but its been left on school grounds.They must have brought it when they took Bae." I thought for a while what this pipe,could have meant.

"Don't worry Tiger Lilly. I'm the school reporter. I should be able to find out a lot. Trust me. I will catch this pied piper."