Back Again

I do not own the Vampire Diaries or The Originals or any of the characters from the respective shows. I do however own the character of Imogen and any other I wish to add throughout the story.

The dark green hues of the trees rushed by slightly bleached by the moonlight as I ran through the forest towards the lake. I stopped to catch my breath catching sight of my reflection in the window of the lake house nearby... golden eyes stared back at me.

I was woken from the same weird dream by someone knocking on my bedroom door shouting "Immi come on we will be late"

I rolled over to check my alarm clock noticing 7am.

I sighed and got out of bed to go for a quick shower.

Oh how I wished it wasn't school today but no rest for the wicked I thought.

15 minutes later I walked into the kitchen wearing a plain black vest with a lace pattern on the bust, black bootcut jeans and my favourite "stompy" boots.

My dark chocolate hair was wavy and I'd even managed to do a quick flick of black eyeliner round my ice blue eyes.

My parents gave me a quick smile as I grabbed my coffee to go in my "Keep calm and Kill Zombies" travel mug and went to meet my brother in the driveway.

"So glad you could make it" Tyler remarked sarcastically.

I rolled my eyes at him and climbed in the passenger seat of his jeep.

God I hate this car.

The ride to school passed by in total silence, for a whole 5 minutes before Tyler attempted to talk to me. "Immi I know this will be"

I held my hand up to silence my brother. "Ty can we not do this now please?" I begged wanting nothing more than to hide away.

"Fine but you know you will have to face it sooner or later" Tyler stated.

I knew he was right but didn't really want to get into it with anyone, especially him...

"Look Ty I'll say this now just to get you off my case, I'm OK just still not sleeping well and am really hoping to avoid any confrontation with well anyone but especially Matt" I told him.

Tyler gave me a sad look but thankfully dropped any further attempt of getting me to talk to him.

We finally arrived at school and Tyler gave me a quick hug before heading off to find his friends. I called after him "Ty I'll meet you at practice, you need to give me a ride home!"

Tyler gave a thumbs up and continued to run across campus. I sighed yet again and turned towards the doors slowly trudging towards them when I heard

"Oh my god Immi you're back!"

I turned around to see my best friend Caroline standing behind me, I smiled and gave her a huge hug apologising for being a bad friend throughout the summer.

Caroline being Caroline shushed me and linked her arm with mine to continue to walk into the place I really didn't want to be.

We found Elena and Bonnie talking by the lockers, they both went silent when they saw me... "Hey guys I'm sorry for.." I never even got to finish the sentence before both girls wrapped their arms around me effectively shutting off my apology.

"We're just glad you're back" they said in unison before falling about in fits of giggles.

I had never been more grateful for my three best friends but I began to think about how I was ever going to tell them about my summer and the horrible secret I was now harbouring.