nineteen

Alexandra

Friday rolled around and Alexandra was so excited for the game. It had been weeks since she, Kai, and MJ had gotten the chance to hang out outside of school without Peter or Ned. It was going to be a refreshing change of pace—girl time was always a good thing.

Kai had gone all out (mostly because she had to). Their school mascot was a tiger, so the she had taken the liberty to wear as much of their school merchandise as she could get her hands on. Or, as much as her band director would allow—she still had to wear her band uniform.

Kai had even been able to find a few cheap pairs of cat ears online which she ordered for the three of them. While MJ really hated showing any sort of school spirit, but she reluctantly agreed to wear the ears after Kai spent most of lunch begging her to do so.

"So, we're just gonna stay after school and hang around until the game starts," Kai explained. It was a home game that night, so they figured that staying at school and getting some homework done would be more efficient than going all the way home and then coming back. "We can hang out in the band room, Mr. Scott said that it would be fine if you guys hang out in there. 'Course, I have to rehearse with the band for an hour or so, but after that, I'm all yours'." She grinned.

Alexandra laughed. "Right, that sounds good. I can't wait to see the band perform," She said. "That's the only reason I agreed to come to this, I hope you realize."

"Yeah, that's 'cause football sucks," MJ spoke up, setting her book down and glancing over at her two friends. "The only reason anybody goes to the games is to see the band, they already know we're gonna lose."

Kai and Alexandra glanced at each other before Kai shrugged. "She has a point."

After lunch ended, Alexandra headed for her Spanish class, which she had with both Ned and Peter. They all sat towards the back of the class, and it wasn't because they didn't pay attention—they actually were all acing the class so far—but they liked being able to talk to each other without the teacher scolding them.

Alexandra sat in front of Ned and Peter, who sat next to each other with Ned directly behind her. Spanish had always been one of her favorite classes for this specific reason. Plus, it was one of the things she was actually good at. Alexandra wasn't the best at math or science (thank God she was friends with two of the biggest science geeks in the school, though), but she found that learning a language and other things like history and English were her strengths.

The three of them had been in Spanish since seventh grade year, and were now in Spanish 4. Alexandra hoped that by her junior year, she would be able to take AP Spanish.

"So, you're going to the football game after school?" Ned asked Alexandra as they all took their seats; they still had a few minutes before the bell rang.

Alexandra nodded in response. "Yeah, MJ and I are gonna watch Kai march with the band. It's gonna be really fun."

"This is one of the times I'm glad I dropped band," Peter said. "It means I don't have to go the football games."

Ned laughed a bit and nodded. "Yeah, no offense, dude, but I hated going to those games just to see you march." Peter grinned a bit and Alexandra shook her head. "But aren't you going anyway?" He added.

Peter shrugged. "Just for a little while. How late are you guys planning on staying?" Alexandra could tell that Peter was trying to ask as casually as possible, but she knew that he was really asking just so he wouldn't worry as much.

She shrugged a bit. "Well, Kai has to stay for the whole game, so depending on how long it runs—I could be back around eight, I could be back around ten."